Which Rear End for F-150 3.5 Eco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Rear End for F-150 3.5 Eco?

I just sold my f150 with the 5.0 in it and I am shopping for a truck with the 3.5 ecoboost this time. This will be my daily driver, also used on highway family or hunting trips, pulling a SxS to the deer lease, and a boat to the lake. Which rear end would you guys recommend the 3.31 or the 3.55. My local dealer is trying to keep me local with a good price, but he has to locate the truck and the one he found has the 3.31. Any of the green screen have this setup and pull light loads?

I pulled a 16ft Ranch king with my 3.5 eco and 3.31 gears and it did fine. Gas mileage sucks but what can you do.

Comment

I have the 5.0 with 3.31. While it pulls fine, the shift point for 9th gear while towing is right at 70. Unless I set cruise control to 73, any hill will cause the truck to downshift to 7th. Not a big deal really but I would have preferred the 3.55 just for this.

My previous truck was a ‘15 3.5EB with 3.55. It had the 6spd. The turbos would suck some gas, but it didn’t downshift much.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        I just sold my f150 with the 5.0 in it and I am shopping for a truck with the 3.5 ecoboost this time. This will be my daily driver, also used on highway family or hunting trips, pulling a SxS to the deer lease, and a boat to the lake. Which rear end would you guys recommend the 3.31 or the 3.55. My local dealer is trying to keep me local with a good price, but he has to locate the truck and the one he found has the 3.31. Any of the green screen have this setup and pull light loads?

I can GUARANTEE you that if you are at Al Meyer I can save you money with one phone call. Call Clayton Reynolds or Dan Fussel (the owner) at San Augustine ford. Tell them Kris Hunt told you to call.

I saved a friend of mine over 3 grand last spring who was about to get hosed by al meyer. all they did was call and ask a price and the first quoted price beat al meyers bottom dollar

Comment

I have the 3.5 with Max Tow package. It has the 3.55 and I average 18-19 normal driving. Towing with it has been limited but I liked the way it towed our 23' cat.

Comment

I think you will be fine with the 3.31. I would make sure you get the electronic locking diff also.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              I can GUARANTEE you that if you are at Al Meyer I can save you money with one phone call. Call Clayton Reynolds or Dan Fussel (the owner) at San Augustine ford. Tell them Kris Hunt told you to call.

I saved a friend of mine over 3 grand last spring who was about to get hosed by al meyer. all they did was call and ask a price and the first quoted price beat al meyers bottom dollar
              Sending PM

Comment

Working...
              X