Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-05-2018, 11:17 AM   #601
Aggiestad
Ten Point

Continued prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggiestad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #602
ladybluearm
Six Point

Praying extra hard for Emmett, you and your wife.
ladybluearm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #603
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
It just breaks my heart to read this! Sure is hard to see and understand just how the Lord works sometimes, but with faith we all persevere. Baby Emmett will persevere too. He's already shown what a fighter he is. The Lord will give him the strength to fight through all of this.

Lord, our hearts ache for this sweet, sweet child. We know You are in control, but still we are hurting when we see this little one of Yours suffer and struggle. We ask you Lord, strengthen him. Strengthen him mom and dad and bind their hearts with Yours. Lord specifically we ask you, remove this infection from his body. Stop it from doing further harm. Lord God, guide all Emmett's care-givers with divine wisdom and right action to a successful treatment for Emmett and bring about healing and continued growth and strengthening.

Lord, we lift up his mom, dad and grandparents and the rest of the family to you for comfort and a peace that in the midst of strife only You can bring. Draw them near to each other as a strong family unit bound through a common love first of all for You then for each other. Give them the strength to continue to stand and minister to Emmett and each other. We ask all these things in the powerful name of Jesus Your Son and our Savior, Amen.
Amen!

Praying for Emmett and his parents.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #604
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Hoping and praying for a good update today.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #605
Bisch
Pope & Young

More prayers up!!!

Bisch
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #606
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Praying hard for you every day.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #607
AtTheWall
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr County - Gillespie County

Prayers up
AtTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #608
PecanBayouRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County & Schleicher County, TX & Kansas

Hang tough, prayers continue to be lifted.
PecanBayouRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #609
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SABINAL, Sonora, Bastrop, Carrizozo NM

Day 26 update. You guys heeded our plea for prayers, God heard them, and we were blessed with a day of favorable news and health!

After a rough night of sparse rest, we arrived at the hospital anxious to hear how Emmett was doing. He had a good night, and seemed to be looking better and more active. They took an echo of his heart, and an ultrasound on all vital organs to determine if there was any yeast colonies growing on them. As we waited for the results of the aforementioned, the nurse begin searching Emmett for an IV catheter location. They had two in place, but due to the harshness of the medication they had to pull both for redness and swelling reasons. She found only one good location, and said they needed to save that location for the PICC. I knew what she was implying with this, and reluctantly nodded in agreement as she moved to his head. Seeing Emmett grimace in pain from this head stick is extremely hard to watch, but I do it just so I can stand there and hold his little hand through it.

Two neonatal doctors entered the room, which at first scared me. Turns out, they were both just excited to inform us that the ultrasound showed no growth of yeast anywhere! As we relished in the great news, the cardiologist also came to the room. She could see no changes in Emmett's heart from the yeast as well. Additionally, she informed us that based on this recent echo, they felt much more better about the left ventricle issue and that the chances of the dreaded disease I alluded to in a previous post (which I'll now say was pompe) being the cause has greatly diminished. After three really difficult days, this news couldn't have been any sweeter.

We were graced with another visit from Pastor Sam Brannon today, where we all prayed together for Emmett. Pastor Sam also brought an offering of communion to us, which we graciously accepted. Taking communion today sure warmed our souls.

The infection is still present in his blood, and Emmett still needs your prayers in a big way. I always thought my dad was the toughest man I knew. I'm going to have to break it to him that he's now been surpassed by our little man. I'm astonished at the fight he has in him. To everyone, Krystal and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #610
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Praise God for a good day!

Lord, please bring healing to little Emmett. Please take the infection out of his body and give him strength and good health. Bless him as he grows. Bless his parents with courage, strength and peace. Thank you for the good news today. Bring more for Emmett, Lord.

In Jesus' name, Amen.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #611
ladybluearm
Six Point

Precious Emmett, praise god! I tear up every time I read the next report. More prayers that he gets stronger and stronger with each day. God bless you and your wife. Stay strong!
ladybluearm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #612
Bisch
Pope & Young

Praying more!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #613
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post

Lord, please bring healing to little Emmett. Please take the infection out of his body and give him strength and good health. Bless him as he grows. Bless his parents with courage, strength and peace. Thank you for the good news today. Bring more for Emmett, Lord.

In Jesus' name, Amen.
...and Amen.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #614
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

Lord lift little Emmett up in your healing hands and rid him of the infection he has. We also ask that you comfort his father and mother knowing that you are the almighty healing power. Lord we as all of this in Jesus name, AMEN..........
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #615
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Thanks for the update Colton. Been thinking about your little man and continuing prayers.
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #616
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Thanks for this report. Continued prayers for healing.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #617
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Prayers continue
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #618
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Amen

Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #619
mmlreiner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr County, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post
Day 26 update. You guys heeded our plea for prayers, God heard them, and we were blessed with a day of favorable news and health!

After a rough night of sparse rest, we arrived at the hospital anxious to hear how Emmett was doing. He had a good night, and seemed to be looking better and more active. They took an echo of his heart, and an ultrasound on all vital organs to determine if there was any yeast colonies growing on them. As we waited for the results of the aforementioned, the nurse begin searching Emmett for an IV catheter location. They had two in place, but due to the harshness of the medication they had to pull both for redness and swelling reasons. She found only one good location, and said they needed to save that location for the PICC. I knew what she was implying with this, and reluctantly nodded in agreement as she moved to his head. Seeing Emmett grimace in pain from this head stick is extremely hard to watch, but I do it just so I can stand there and hold his little hand through it.

Two neonatal doctors entered the room, which at first scared me. Turns out, they were both just excited to inform us that the ultrasound showed no growth of yeast anywhere! As we relished in the great news, the cardiologist also came to the room. She could see no changes in Emmett's heart from the yeast as well. Additionally, she informed us that based on this recent echo, they felt much more better about the left ventricle issue and that the chances of the dreaded disease I alluded to in a previous post (which I'll now say was pompe) being the cause has greatly diminished. After three really difficult days, this news couldn't have been any sweeter.

We were graced with another visit from Pastor Sam Brannon today, where we all prayed together for Emmett. Pastor Sam also brought an offering of communion to us, which we graciously accepted. Taking communion today sure warmed our souls.

The infection is still present in his blood, and Emmett still needs your prayers in a big way. I always thought my dad was the toughest man I knew. I'm going to have to break it to him that he's now been surpassed by our little man. I'm astonished at the fight he has in him. To everyone, Krystal and I thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

This is such great news. I’ve had a hard time reading your thread because it brings back some seriously terribly memories of my daughter who was a 24 weeker. Man.....you will learn this as you go: there is nothing like a NICU nurse and NOTHING like a NICU family. Continued prayers for y’all and especially Emmett. Kenley is now a healthy 5 year old and her struggle showed us god is SO good. If you ever have questions, we are well versed in what you’re going thru, actually my son was a premie too lol but not near as bad as my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mmlreiner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 PM   #620
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

He is a handsome little man.

LORD, Bless Emmett with health and healing. Bless his parents for whatever they need.

Thank You LORD for the good report. Continue to help Emmett to recover and get well.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #621
bowhunt3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina County, Bandera County

Prayers sent
bowhunt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #622
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Colton, you made my day with this report!! I cried like a baby reading it, but unlike other tears I have shed for Emmett, these were tears of release, joy and praise!

Thank You Jesus!! Lord continue this good work in Emmett. Purify his blood with the blood of The Lamb's heart. Lord that Communion your disciple delivered today was in Your perfect timing. As often as we take the bread and wine, we do so in remembrance of the promise You gave us through the shedding of the Divine Blood of Your Son... Heal Emmett with that blood Lord God. Cleanse his body so that it can continue to grow in strength, stature,wisdom, and spirit. Make him into a whole little man after Your own Heart. Thank You God again for the healing. Give his mom and dad rest tonight and the hope that tomorrow will bring more good news and healing. In the powerful healing name of Jesus our Lord, Amen.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #623
Mary
Administrator

What a great report....and what a handsome fella he is! Continued thoughts and prayers for all of you! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #624
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Sure is dusty around here. I will continue to send up prayers. I can attest to how well they work and will definently share. Hang in there.

Hoggslayer
Old 09-05-2018, 11:27 PM   #625
fbchunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Thompsons

Amen!!!!!
fbchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 12:09 AM   #626
JJtomball
Six Point

Hunt In: Mertzon

The NICU nurses and other families and support staff can help y’all get through.
Our Abbie came at 25+3 and we were scared. We spent 3.5 months in NICU and took Abbie home on her due date. We made friends with the other families and utilized the Ronald McDonald house support to make it through.

It is a hopeless feeling in the beginning. Celebrate the small stuff. Cpap settings, food intake, weight gain.... remember if the nurses and docs are not spending every waking hour in your room that is a good thing.

Here is Abbie. She was 1.9lbs and 12in long. She is 3.5 now and we have only been to the doctor for normal check ups and 1 cold.

Good luck and our prayers are with you.

JJtomball is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 07:18 AM   #627
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Prayers Up for a Good Day! Screen got real blurry reading yesterday.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 07:47 AM   #628
Springs
Eight Point

I can't imagine what y'all are going through. Continued prayers to you and your family! Stay strong in your faith!
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #629
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Go Emmet go!!
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #630
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post

Dear Lord thank you for your grace, your power, your love. Please comfort this family and this little feller. May they all live to share your glory with everyone they meet!
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #631
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Prayers continue for Emmett
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #632
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Love reading the good news!
Continued prayers.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #633
Crookhunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas and Kansas

Continued prayers...

God Bless,
JR
Crookhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #634
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Praying for Emmett this morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23 (KJV)

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #635
downtown44
Six Point

Hunt In: Trinity, Houston counties

Praying for you guys now!!
downtown44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 12:47 PM   #636
PecanBayouRat
Ten Point

Attaboy Emmett!

Prayers of thanks and continued healing lifted!
Old 09-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #637
RLHoward
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Continued Prayers
RLHoward is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #638
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Prayers continue for Emmett and family.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #639
Ranchingaggie
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville

Prayers

Ranchingaggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #640
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Continued prayers and hope to keep hearing good reports.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 10:23 PM   #641
careybirdwell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Ozona

I don't know how I missed this post, but I just read through all the updates. Prayers sent for little Emmett & Family. God, please give this family strength
careybirdwell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #642
TexasBear
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado

Prayer sent.
TexasBear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #643
PecanBayouRat
Ten Point

Here's to hoping for a great day today Emmett!
Old 09-07-2018, 11:07 PM   #644
brianlg31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pandale

Nightly prayers up for Emmett
brianlg31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 11:16 PM   #645
DirtyBird00
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: TX, MO

Im not crying, your crying!!! Prayers sent your way from our entire family. Keep fighting Emmit! You got a fighter on your hands Dad!!!
DirtyBird00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #646
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Day 27 update. Our spirits are high, Emmett is gaining strength, and God is good! Things are definitely trending upward.

The plan has been set to get Emmett back to his preinfection state. In order for the infectious control doctor to allow a picc line to be placed again, Emmett needs 2 negative blood cultures with a 48 hour growth period. We were relieved to hear that yesterday's cultures are still negative today for yeast! So if it stays negative, and today's culture is still negative Friday, then we can pray for a successful picc line. I'm not particularly fond of the picc, but if it reduces the number of peripheral sticks on him, then I welcome it. The ultrasound of his left arm where the previous picc was located came back negative for any clots or yeast growth. Overall, it's seems like Emmett is whippin this infections butt! They will still continue treatment for 3 weeks regardless, just for precautionary measures.

They are starting Emmett back on milk feeds tonight. Only 2 ml, but it's a start! The same process will start over; we watch and listen to his gut for digestive indicators, and pray for a poopie diaper. As long as everything goes well in that regard, they should be able to move him up rather quickly to full feeds again. There are discussions on when to take Emmett off of ventilator and back on bubble CPAP. It might be a few days still, but he's getting close! Emmett did receive another blood transfusion today, to replace all of the blood taken from him over the past few days. He always seems to do better after one of these. They will be performing a brain ultrasound tomorrow just to confirm there are no areas of concern that could have resulted from the infection. These are always concerning for us, so please join us in praying for a clear scan.

We are so thankful for all of the calls, texts, messages, posts, love, and support you all have shown us three. Emmett's story has reached more people than we could have ever imagined, garnering that many more prayers in the process. Thank you all!

Old 09-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #647
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Day 28 update. Two days of good news, and we're regrettably back on a bad note. This cursed rollercoaster continues on.

Things were kicked off around noon, when the ultrasound specialist arrived to perform Emmett's head ultrasound. This was no big deal right? His spinal tap came back negative for increased white blood cells, and he's pretty much out of the window for any type of brain bleeds. So as you can imagine, we were taken aback when the doctor informed us that they had found something. Our two biggest concerns for Emmett have somehow became reality. There are three outcomes to this finding, which will be determined with an MRI performed tonight. Our best case scenario is that the MRI determines this "finding" to be nothing more than a blimp on the ultrasound. Worst case scenario is that his infection somehow found its way into his brain. I cringed just typing that, and we're praying hard this is not the case. In the middle of the road is a brain bleed. We would rather not have this either, but compared to the infection we'll take it. Plus, the doctor said it would likely only be a grade 1 bleed if it was one, which is the lowest out there.

Then, we found out that Emmett's culture from 2 days ago came back positive for yeast. This delays us 1 more day for the picc line, and adds another day of sticks. It took 36 hours for the culture to show yeast growth, so we're feeling better about getting this infection under control. We need tomorrow to show us our first 48 hour negative culture.

Transitioning to good news, Emmett is up to 5 ml of momma's milk, and seems to be tolerating it well. No bowel movement yet, but we're optimistic. In spite of having a blood infection, Emmett was able to continue gaining weight, coming in at 2lb 7oz now. They did an eye exam on Emmett which came back negative for infection. For the big headline, the first of three tests checking for pompe disease relating to the left ventricle thickening came back negative! This news brought much relief; however, they still can't rule it out completely till the other 2 come back.

This whole ordeal has left us feeling so helpless. Our little man is going through an unfathomable amount of stress and pain for a baby, and all we can do is watch and pray. Please let us be on our last major set back Lord. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #648
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water

Last edited by Rack Ranch; 09-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #649
COONHOOD
Four Point

It’s an emotional roller coaster just reading your posts I can’t imagine what you guys must be going through.continued prayers for Emmett and your family!!
COONHOOD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #650
Rack Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Knee Deep Salty Water
Default Try this again

I was trying to post you tube video" Casting Crowns, Praise you in this storm, please watch it when you can.

Praise God, stay strong!!
Rack Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top