X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Anyone ran into getting black pics? I get one to upload every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had anyone contacted Covert Support for an explanation on this (black/blank pics) and estimated timeframe of when it will be resolved? I use mine primarily for security, so any delay in seeing my photos is less than ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
      Had anyone contacted Covert Support for an explanation on this (black/blank pics) and estimated timeframe of when it will be resolved? I use mine primarily for security, so any delay in seeing my photos is less than ideal.

I gave up on Covert Customer Service... So my brand new Code Black LTE is sitting on the shelf collecting dust until further notice. Meanwhile my Spartan is still going strong. Hundreds of pics each week. External battery still on 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
        I gave up on Covert Customer Service... So my brand new Code Black LTE is sitting on the shelf collecting dust until further notice. Meanwhile my Spartan is still going strong. Hundreds of pics each week. External battery still on 100%.
        I’ll give ya two fiddy.

Comment

I speculate that the black pics are due to lack of sufficient signal on your cell phone. I think the pics are in your portal and that you just need a better cell or WIFI signal to properly download them to your phone. I don’t have a 4G camera but have similar issues with my 3G and a better signal seems to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
            I speculate that the black pics are due to lack of sufficient signal on your cell phone. I think the pics are in your portal and that you just need a better cell or WIFI signal to properly download them to your phone. I don’t have a 4G camera but have similar issues with my 3G and a better signal seems to fix it.
            I have 80 to 100 percent signal and it still happens

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              I have 80 to 100 percent signal and it still happens
              Sounds like you are referring to camera signal strength? I’m talking about your cell phone signal. Mine needs a full signal sometimes to populate the pics in my app.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                Sounds like you are referring to camera signal strength? I’m talking about your cell phone signal. Mine needs a full signal sometimes to populate the pics in my app.
                Oh ok. I’ll take notice of that next time. Maybe you’re right.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Oh ok. I’ll take notice of that next time. Maybe you’re right.

I’m dealing with the same thing now. Same result whether accessing via mobile app, website via mobile, or website via pc. I have pics over and hour old that have not loaded. They’ll eventually load one at a time and I’ll get a notification, “You have 0 new photos from Covert”.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr 🤬

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Grrrrrrrrr 🤬

I’m right there with you.
                      I know I’ll be unpopular for saying this, but I’m beginning to second guess my decision to go with Covert. They had a good reputation and were supposed to be a leader in wireless cams. Never expected they’d have these kind of problems and that they would allow the issues to persist for this long. The laundry list of unresolved issues gets longer every day.
                      I bought this for surveillance on my driveway/road to my house. I live in the middle of 100 acres of timber with a long private road to my house. I’ve had issues with trespassers, theft, and a hunting dog hit by a car and left for dead in my own driveway. I wanted to receive an instant alert and photo when a vehicle comes down my road. I drove down the driveway coming home almost 3 hours ago. I typically receive an alert within 15-30 seconds after I pass the camera. The alert I received came about 30 minutes later, and the photo still has not loaded after 3 hours.
                      The purpose of the wireless cam was so that trespassers and/or thieves could be caught in the act. At this point, this is no better than any regular old trail cam.
                      Frustrated, so I’m venting...

Comment

Don’t blame ya.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post

I will first thing Monday frustrating waiting 4-5 hrs to get one pic to load... I’m 19 pics black so at this rate I’m 78hrs behind 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

The pics on the ap are on the database. They are already out of the camera and sent to Covert servers. The delay is from their database to your phone so it really shouldn’t have anything to do with your specific camera. The ap does not grab from your camera. On the rare occasion I get a black pic it downloads within a few seconds....and that is rare. Sounds like a phone download/signal issue.

Have y’all tried to view your pics online on a computer. I do when I’m working because it’s a bigger screen and never have black pics there.

Comment

My black pics are from one specific camera only. The new LTE.

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

LTE pics may be higher in pixel count because the database thing i mentioned is per Covert. If the ap was accessing your camera each time, it would take as long to access it for every pic as it takes to send one for all cameras.
                                Last edited by Smart; 07-22-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X