It's Poppy-T's Turn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Poppy-T's Turn...

Well I finally get to proudly post a picture of what in my eyes is a monster and my personal best thus far. It has been a long hard year, and I have always looked to hunting season to relax and recoop from a long year and I have been working my tail off non-stop. I have hunted every weekend and a few days in between in hopes of getting the chance at something great, well it never seems to work out for me...I've had problems with family on my lease, the timber company has been cutting trees all around my stands, and I have tried my best to shrug it off and just keep on going. Well I got an invite to hunt somewhere new, somewhere different with a very good friend and I finally got the chance to drop the hammer on some critters...So here goes....

Monday night I was on stand and saw some really nice bucks, great deer for East Texas, but none provided a shot.

Tuesday night went to a new spot, a big shooter buck narrowly escaped my arrow as I center punched the barbed wire on the feed pen...that sux!!! I did manage to let the air outta a doe that evening.

Wednesday night "Mr Big" decided to come back, this time there was no top strand of barbed wire on the feed pen, my buddy made sure of that. 25 yards broadside it let it rip....my arrow crashed into his shoulder so hard he dropped in his tracks, I couldn't believe it. That little Slick Trick did it's job like one of Hussein's "Weapon's of Mass Destruction", I was so happy, I'm sure I sounded like a doe blowin' after the shot, all I could remember was Exhale!, Exhale!, Exhale!

Well folks, thanks for the chance to share this with ya'll and I hope it aint the last.....

And a special thanks goes out to my buddy that made all this possible...."It was my turn"..."To infinity, and Beyond"

The first pict is the doe from Tuesday evening, the Second is the Main frame 8 point with split brow tines that made the mistake of coming back the second evening.........
    Attached Files

Very nice! Congrats on staying with it.

Comment

Great looking buck. He's a monster in my book too. Way to go!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Good job Tart. Thats a great archery buck from anywhere and especially East TX!!

Comment

thats what coming back gets you congrats on a great buck

Comment

Congrats on nice 8!

Comment

Great deer! Congrats!

Comment

Way to go there Poppy T....now will you please come over and bring your video camera so we can go hunting?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                    now will you please come over and bring your video camera so we can go hunting??

Ok.....
                    Last edited by tx_poptart; 11-06-2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on the double.

Especially on the beautiful 8 pt'er!

Well done, Poppy-T!
                      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Brother, nice buck for sure...Congratulations!!!

Comment

very nice buck, congrats on both deer

Comment

Well done. Congratulations!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X