Razor Tricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razor Tricks?

Anybody have any issues with Razor Tricks? I shot two deer with them last year & neither one bleed very much. Both were recovered, but I was knida dissapointed in the blood trail. I was thinking of switching to the Slick Trick Magnums (100 gr), or something else this year.

I would put the lack of blood more on shot placement rather than the head. Awful good heads the ST's are. Blood trail depends on entry and exit and level of those along with what the head hits.

Comment

I really like the RT head & the way it shoots. I've always been kinda drawn to that cut on contact style, but was wondering if the regular style was better in this regard.

Comment

I liked the cut on contact aspect of them too. They are the tricks I shoot at hogs. Never had any issues.

Comment

Do some people prefer the standard tip to the COC point?

Comment

I shoot them almost exclusively. They don't have a huge cut but they do put animals down quick. I have never had a hog go so far I was worried about the blood volume. I had a buddy make a bad shot on a sow quartering to, entered high shoulder exited low gut and the exit was filled by intestine. We found her at 60yds.

I shot a small sow with excellent placement and she went 70 yes but bled like a siv with a grim reaper.

I personally am more concerned with a short recovery than a heavy blood trail.

Comment

Good Heads. The Viper Tricks are tougher and after getting some are actually still a coc. Ur choice....

Comment

I do like the look of the Vipers. I think I'll see how they group. Only one way to find out!

Comment

bought the viper tricks for my wife and hopefully i will have some review on them once we get back from crystal creek bowhunting the first week of august. she is going for a ram and hogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X