Broadhead only target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead only target?

So went to academy for a new target and noticed the yellow jacket box ones say broadheads only. I don't understand this cause isn't a field tip way less damaging? Any explanation would be greatly appreciated. The yellow jacket one felt kinda like the black block one. Maybe a little softer but that's it. And about 50 bucks cheaper.

I have a different broadhead only target and have shot field points into it several times. The problem is it is extremely hard to pull the field point arrows back out. No problem with the broadhead tipped arrows.

Jimbow

Comment

I would stay away from any Yellowjacket target period. FP or BH. You will regret it if you buy it. I shoot the BLOB!

Comment

yellowjacket is JUNK

Comment

Just get an 18in1 and be done with it

Comment

Blob or 18 in 1

Comment

I bought one for my crossbow thinking it would be better after butting two bolts with field points in them needed pliers to pull out. But the broadheads work just fine

Comment

Changed from the Yellowjacket to the Rinehart 18-1. I can shoot BH and FP and the 18-1 doesn't tear up after a year. I have had mine three or four years and it still does the job. Yes it is more expensive, but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbow View Post
                  I have a different broadhead only target and have shot field points into it several times. The problem is it is extremely hard to pull the field point arrows back out. No problem with the broadhead tipped arrows.

Jimbow

i bought one like this that i believe came from academy. i shot field points in it, and............ good grief i had a hand held arrow puller, turned the target on it's back, literally stood on top of the target, tried pulling the arrow out, and thought i needed a tow truck. unreal !!!!

but broadheads pulled out fairly easy

Comment

Working...
                  X