Broadhead weight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead weight??

What all goes into choosing your broad head weight?

What you use is your choice. 100 grain or 125 grain are the most popular. Need to know what you are going to sue so you can make sure that the arrows you get will be spined right for the arrow length, draw weight of the bow, BH weight and style of cams the bow has. It all has to be taken into account and everything matched to work right. I personally have used 100 grain for years and years.

Comment

I set my arrows up to shoot 125 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        What you use is your choice. 100 grain or 125 grain are the most popular. Need to know what you are going to sue so you can make sure that the arrows you get will be spined right for the arrow length, draw weight of the bow, BH weight and style of cams the bow has. It all has to be taken into account and everything matched to work right. I personally have used 100 grain for years and years.
        Yes but you forgot to mention you have 150 gn of weigh behind that 100 gn head

Comment

Yea, I know, but he is definitley not going to go that crazy in doing that!

Comment

100 grains works on literally anything I could possibly hunt in this state and my dad uses them on elk every fall so I see no real need to go to 125s

Comment

enewman, I still need to send you that info on those Cape Buf arrows that was given to me. I will see if I can do that on Friday so you can read the info and let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                I have some 125 grain grizztrik 2 that I planned on using and my arrows are beman ics hunter 340. According to bemans website they should be spined correctly. They are 30" right now but haven't been cut down yet. I'm pulling about 65lbs and my draw length is 28.5.

Comment

Also I am shooting a single cam bow

Comment

Cut your arrows down to a comfortable length. I cut mine the length if my DL so the broadhead is off my bow shelf.

Then you can use 125's 100's whatever you want.

That's the short answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinmcnutt View Post
                      I have some 125 grain grizztrik 2 that I planned on using and my arrows are beman ics hunter 340. According to bemans website they should be spined correctly. They are 30" right now but haven't been cut down yet. I'm pulling about 65lbs and my draw length is 28.5.
                      You will be fine with that arrow and broadhead weight. I shoot a 340 spined arrow cut down to 28in and use a 125 grain head/point with no problems. The reason I use a 125gr head is cause I like the way my arrows fly with a 12%-14% F.O.C.

Comment

Thanks for all the advise guys.
                        Last edited by Dustinmcnutt; 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

350gr arrow/75gr broadhead, consistent pass throughs+ a little extra speed and enough Kinetic energy to do the job.

Comment

I shoot long bow mainly hunt hog
                            So I use 150gn bh

Comment

Working...
                            X