Charging 6v batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging 6v batteries

I have one of those small wall plug 6v chargers for my deer feeder batteries. Am I the only one that has an issue with them charging? I have 4 batteries here, 3 are practically new. The first battery all the indicator lights lit up as it charged. None of the indicator lights will illuminate for the other batteries. This is a brand new charger too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Charger has red, yellow and green light? If so it is junk!

Comment

maybe I shouldn't be, but I charge mine with a 6v car battery charger set on automatic 2A charge. Never have blown one up. It works.

Comment

I use a small black & decker 6/12 auto charger. Its about the size of a laptop power brick.

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
          I have one of those small wall plug 6v chargers for my deer feeder batteries. Am I the only one that has an issue with them charging? I have 4 batteries here, 3 are practically new. The first battery all the indicator lights lit up as it charged. None of the indicator lights will illuminate for the other batteries. This is a brand new charger too

The light will stay on if battery is charged or wont charge(dead cell). If its cutting off then the batteries are not fully charged and its charging. Mine does this and will light up after battery is charged. New batteries are never fully charges to my experience with them.

Comment

It has a red yellow and green indicator light. First battery they all lit up as it charged. Now none will so I don't know if its charging or not. I'll have to look into the small car chargers

Comment

What i use
              Attached Files

Comment

This is what I use.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
                  This is what I use.
                  Same here. Much easier than swapping batteries. Will run as long as the battery is good.

Comment

Have you refilled the cells with distilled water?

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                      Have you refilled the cells with distilled water?
                      They're sealed batteries

Comment

Working...
                      X