Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish Cutomers

Any of yall having issues with them?
    My problem is, I can be right in the middle of a program, and get this "message" on the screen, "Complete Signal Loss" or "Partial Signal Loss'' or sometimes, something along the lines that this channel is not in my viewing area. Then I end up missing the "good parts" of a show!!!
    It also states in these messages to unplug the reciever for 10 seconds and it will reset. I have unplugged it for the last time.
    Just wonder if anybody else has gone thru this same ordeal.

It's something wrong with your satellite dish or a bad connection somewhere before it gets to the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
      It's something wrong with your satellite dish or a bad connection somewhere before it gets to the receiver.
      Well, Dish installed it and I haven't fooled with it. Guess I need to call them and have a tech come out to trouble shoot it.
      If they don't want to do that, guess I'll be calling Direct!!

Comment

Mine does it in hard rain. If you have trees could be a limb moving around in front of it.

Comment

Yeppers. Comes back on in a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
            Mine does it in hard rain. If you have trees could be a limb moving around in front of it.
            Yeah, always had during a storm. But here lately, it comes and goes all the time. And there isn't anything blocking the dish. Just tired of having to reset the dang thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Any of yall having issues with them?
              My problem is, I can be right in the middle of a program, and get this "message" on the screen, "Complete Signal Loss" or "Partial Signal Loss'' or sometimes, something along the lines that this channel is not in my viewing area. Then I end up missing the "good parts" of a show!!!
              It also states in these messages to unplug the reciever for 10 seconds and it will reset. I have unplugged it for the last time.
              Just wonder if anybody else has gone thru this same ordeal.
              Yep and on bright sunny days. Always starts working again after a few minutes. DISH has been out and replaced the box twice. Said the dish is ok with excellent signal. Still doing it periodically.

Comment

I have dish and if they don't get the contract with NBC worked out soon,Im switching over to direct tv

Comment

God help you Dish folks in east Texas if you switch to DirectTV. They are absolutely AWFUL locally and their customer service is a nightmare. I switched to Dish after 17 years with DirectTV after AT&T bought Direct.

Regarding issue experienced by OP, if you let them bring out or send you a new receiver box I bet that fixes it. But just know if you go to Direct TV you may regret it- if you’re in east Texas!

Comment

Dish sucks cancelled our high priced crappy service last month

Comment

Well that's about right. Get home from work and turn the TV on and "no signal" is already on. Hit the reset button and still nothing. Unplug the receiver like it says and it's still "acquiring signal, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes" which was 30 min. ago!!!
                      The bill just came in and is stilling on the kitchen table. Guess I could send them a message saying "Acquiring Monies"!!!!

Comment

I have the same problem. Clear blue skies most of the time.

Comment

I have been a Dish customer for longer than some of you have been on this earth with very, very few problems. Even at the lease where I have Dish.
                          I had to ysve my satellite repositioned at the kease after a tornado and the line n the trailer not workng from the regular hookup. The tech set the dish re routed mydable from the dish to nside my trailer WITH no charge to me.

Comment

I had this problem recently and they came out and replaced my receiver and dish with newer updated equipment. It’s been fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by Peta-hata View Post
                              I had this problem recently and they came out and replaced my receiver and dish with newer updated equipment. It’s been fine since.
                              How long did it take them to show up?

Comment

Working...
                              X