Traditional FSC Week 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 31

Ellis' paper folding inspired the origami in this post. I'll call this one "Knock-Out". Take a 8x11 sheet of paper, fold it in half then in half again. Open it back up and fold it in half the other way and then in half again. Use the top and bottom left and right intersections and middle intersection to draw 5 diamonds. The points of the diamonds should be one inch from the intersection. Object is to shoot one arrow at each diamond in the order they are numbered until you have hit all of the diamonds (you don't have to shoot and pull, you can shoot however many arrows you need). Consecutive shots on a diamond are not allowed until you're down to the last one. Distance shall be 12 yards and the winner is the one who knocks out the diamonds in the least amount of shots. Tiebreaker is the least amount of distance to the center of each diamond. Hope this isn't too complicated! Here's my sheet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Cool idea Cody!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So, most diamonds hit, one arrow at a time, in number order, except that you can shoot at number 5 until you hit it? And, measure distance to center 'x' on diamonds hit for tiebreaker?

Good to see you today Cody at the TBoT shoot! Congrats on your buckle!
      Last edited by tradtiger; 07-29-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        So, most diamonds hit, one arrow at a time, in number order, except that you can shoot at number 5 until you hit it? And, measure distance to center 'x' on diamonds hit for tiebreaker?

Good to see you today Cody at the TBoT shoot! Congrats on your buckle!
        1st arrow shot at number 1, hit or miss 2nd arrow at number 2 and so on. If you hit a diamond, skip that one on your next set through the diamond order...does that make sense? Keep going til you've hit them all.

Good to see you too. Keep me posted on how that tab works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
          1st arrow shot at number 1, hit or miss 2nd arrow at number 2 and so on. If you hit a diamond, skip that one on your next set through the diamond order...does that make sense? Keep going til you've hit them all.

Good to see you too. Keep me posted on how that tab works out for you.

The idea is that you're shooting at a different diamond each shot.

Comment

Aha: so keep shooting in number order, one shot per diamond until you hit each diamond. Winner will be the one who takes the least number of arrows to hit all 5 diamonds. Just in case: Measure the arrow to center of closest shot-to-diamond in case of tie?

Comment

Aha: so keep shooting in number order, one shot per diamond until you hit each diamond. Winner will be the one who takes the least number of arrows to hit all 5 diamonds. Just in case: Measure the arrow to center of closest shot-to-diamond in case of tie?
              That's it!

Comment

Okay, hope to try this tomorrow between golf with my son and Express baseball. May be Tuesday. Cool challenge, Cody!

Comment

Here's mine. It was a little more challenging than I expected. It took me 32 shots. #1- 7/16, #5- 4/16, #2- 13/16, #3- 15/16, #4- 4/16 for a total of 2 11/16. I move up to 10 yards and knocked them out in 13 but I was a little warmed by then. Good luck guys!

Comment

That's some pretty nice shots.

So, tie-breaker will only come into play if same number of arrows is required to hit all five diamonds? (But still provide measure to center of each diamond-hitting shot if same or less than 32 arrows just in case?) In other words, if it takes more than 32 shots (as posted so far) no need to even measure center distance, if I understand correctly.

Comment

That's some pretty nice shots.

So, tie-breaker will only come into play if same number of arrows is required to hit all five diamonds? (But still provide measure to center of each diamond-hitting shot if same or less than 32 arrows just in case?) In other words, if it takes more than 32 shots (as posted so far) no need to even measure center distance, if I understand correctly.
                      Yep

Comment

Ive got the wood grain on my riser dialed in for yardage...ish...and hittin a kill circle at 20yds. Im gonna give the challenge a whirl. Doc said I could exercise low weight and high rep. I reckon itll take me 48 shots...plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Ive got the wood grain on my riser dialed in for yardage...ish...and hittin a kill circle at 20yds. Im gonna give the challenge a whirl. Doc said I could exercise low weight and high rep. I reckon itll take me 48 shots...plus.
                          Good luck!

Comment

O just can't talk myself into this one. Too much prep working 12 hour days. Been doing one shot at a time practice. One shot before work. One right at dark. 25 yards. Been fairly good so far but I need to start making time again for these.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              O just can't talk myself into this one. Too much prep working 12 hour days. Been doing one shot at a time practice. One shot before work. One right at dark. 25 yards. Been fairly good so far but I need to start making time again for these.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Remember the Bob the Builder song: "can we fix it?, YES WE CAN!"

Just made the target: took at least 3 minutes and 47 seconds to make the folds and draw the squares/diamonds... (not sure 'cause I didn't actually time it.)

Like instinctive aiming, I guess ... it just FELT like that long.

I'll try and shoot it in a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X