Stand Critters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand Critters

What do you do when you find a Ringtail cat in your deer stand?? well... name him Bruiser, feed him corn and listen to him snore while you hunt. ��

Sat with this little guy all Saturday evening and it was a pretty neat experience.

Have any of you guys ever had a critter take up residence in a stand and just refuse to leave? Bet there's some pretty good stories out there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BobbyJoe; 11-20-2017, 07:50 PM.

That's pretty kew

Comment

A few little mice but never a ringtail cat. That is pretty cool. Was he still in the stand the next day also?

Comment

Stand Critters

I most likely would have shewd him outta there before I got in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Jmsck12; 11-20-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Had a flying squirrel that lived in my stand a few years ago. For the entire season.

Comment

Black bear cubs in my hunting buddies climber year before last. They were determined to get that seat off. Momma was 20 yards away and never seen a thing

Comment

That’s pretty cool but he’s gonna stink the place up with scat and pee. Built in scent cover I guess.

Comment

My brother in law had 2 baby buzzards one time. He never was able to hunt that stand again...

Comment

Really enjoy ringtails, one of the coolest critters out there. But you need to be aware, that pic is of a good sized one, you think "you" were sharing your blind with him, inactualallity he was sharing his den with you in case he needed a snack, probably a good thing you bribed him with corn. My dad always said it's a good thing they don't get any bigger or they'd be hunting people.

Comment

I shared my stand with lady beetles this week. While it was cold I had no idea they were there. Today as it warmed they began to move. I would guess there was about 500 or so. However the cabin this week is a different story, I'm sleeping in the truck tonight.

Comment

Just wasps, they aren’t very kind guests

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        My brother in law had 2 baby buzzards one time. He never was able to hunt that stand again...
                        🤢🤢🤢 We had baby owls in one last year. Sooo bad
                        I’ve also had a ringtail in one of our stands when I was little. My dad kicked it out

Comment

There was a covey of quail hanging out under my box blind one year.

Comment

You invaded his space , it was waiting for you to leave ��

Comment

He’s buttering you up to turn you into dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X