Joy Joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy Joy!

Well recently I posted a thread about low oil pressure on my 1999 7.3 F-350. Ran multiple test and replaced a few things here and there. Finally checked my gauge to see if it was bad and thought it was the problem. Well truck drives great but now once oil temp gets up to 200° if I kill it takes a few seconds to get running again. Finally found a mechanic who knows more on the 7.3 and he had a $20k computer setup that showed a lot more of what was going on. After a few test cold and hot I now know the problem.

Long story short I have to REBUILD the motor. Only has 160k miles and I am bummed! I bought this truck 2 yrs ago with 100k miles on it. Mechanic said he could tell from all the replaced parts (I didn't replace) that the issue was prior to me buying it but it slowly was going. I am still driving it daily 30 miles round trip.

With that said...... Any TBHrs rebuild 7.3s or recommend anyone? Shoot me a PM with some details. Also willing to trade some custom Antler Art or willing to pay. Not sure if I will hang on to the truck once it is rebuilt or not.

Call Texas diesel power in weatherford and talk to Kevin. Heck of a nice guy and they found the issues with my truck when others couldn't. Also,when others were telling me my motor was toast, they dug deeper and found the real issue instead of taking me for 8-10k as was quoted by other shops and mechanics for a full rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the High Pressure Oil pump. When the oil is cold or at room temp, the truck will start and run, but when it heats up and gets a little more "liquid" the truck will not start due to something in the pump. Had that happen with my 95 7.3.

Comment

Cam Bearings and knocking at idle which gets worse every week. Won't drive it any longer so I can at least avoid towing to a shop.

Comment

Sent you a pm

Comment

I'd get an oil analysis done. That will tell you if it's bearings or not.

Learn what's going on in your engine with oil analysis. Our free kits are easy to use and we explain the results in plain English!

Comment

Originally posted by rmf92hunt View Post
              Sent you a pm
              Replied! Thank you for the info.

Comment

i dont know how close you are to north texas, but Make It Fit Motorsports is a fantastic shop and they do great work. they are in lewisville and specialize in ford trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Sounds like a problem with the High Pressure Oil pump. When the oil is cold or at room temp, the truck will start and run, but when it heats up and gets a little more "liquid" the truck will not start due to something in the pump. Had that happen with my 95 7.3.

This was going to be my suggestion as well. There is no reason a 7.3 needs a rebuild at 160k miles. I would definitely get a second opinion.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    This was going to be my suggestion as well. There is no reason a 7.3 needs a rebuild at 160k miles. I would definitely get a second opinion.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".
                    I'm on 5th opinion now as it gets worse. It started with small symptoms and has done nothing but get worse. Replaced Injector O-Rings, IPR, ICP, Sending Unit, LPOP good, HPOP good, Oil Cooler good, filter valves good.

With all the knocking at idle and numbers from test they ran with computer it makes sense. Definitely checking with 1-2 more people. The last computer setup the mechanic had was top notch and showed A LOT!

Comment

Try Performance Diesel in Emory. They did some work for me and I was pleased. Close to you also.

Comment

Working...
                      X