Coyotes 1....Buff 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyotes 1....Buff 1

The deer hunting had been pretty slow so I decided to set up on some Turkeys Friday morning just for a change of pace. The big Toms flew down right in front of me and before they could get themselves gathered up I leaned down and whacked one. When the big Zephyer broadhead hit him he did a back flip and ran about 50 yards before piling up for good. Easing back down in my chair I grabbed another arrow and watched the other 7 turkeys waiting for a good shot angle.
    I caught movement to my left and was surprised to see my Turkey making a fast getaway in the jaws of a Coyote. Now I know to look at me you would think I would be able to run like the wind due to my lean build but after a 100 yards of me running through the brush in hot pursuit of the coyote I was never able to gain on him. I spent the next 2 hours with my bowbug in one hand and my Kimber in the other. I jumped him 5 or 6 more times as he would only run about 100 yards and stop again. I never lost track of him with the Bowbug. I finally pushed him off our lease. The next morning I was back in my Doublebull and it was a perfect repeat with the Turkeys dropping in 20 yards in front of me. This time when my arrow hit the Turkey took off in a half moon flight like a tail shot Jap fighter plane and crashed with a solid thump. Setting back down I reached for another arrow. I never have won any ribbons for being smart but after a couple of seconds the little light went on and I jumped up an ran to my bird. Holding him up high I shouted into the West Texas brush" HA........IT'S MINE ,,,,,,,,YOU CAN'T HAVE IT"

[ATTACH]:rolleyes:[/ATTACH]

Do you have any video of you chasing the coyote?

That might be video of the year!!!

BTW, nice bird.....

Comment

SWEET!! Big Congrats marty!!

Comment

I nominate that yote for the VE award!!!!!!!!!

You did pull of a good bird the next day.

Comment

Too funny, Marty.

How long does the bug battery last? By now you should be able to track down the pile of yote poop.

Congratulations on #2 turkey.
          Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

That was a riot. Buff you tell a good story.

I have read that a charging Buff can be dangerous. I bet you sounded like a tank coming through the woods.

I can't blame the coyote though, if I was a hungry yote....I would follow you around too. You make a lot of kills and like me you have deceptive speed....I am even slower than I look!

I am not sure about the score though....the way I have it is Buff 2, Coyote 1, Turkey 0

Comment

If the media gets hold of this, the headlines could read.....

A Turkey named Buff chases hungry Coyote!

Comment

You guys sure now how to make a guy ruin a good keyboard!

LMAO ... good stuff, Marty, good stuff!

Comment

As always...a good read. I think one of us should follow you around, just for the video. Could make some $$$ on these TV shows.

Comment

Your a funny man Buff. I thought when I had to wrestle a dove I shot out of a catfish's mouth that was bad but you win. Guess I would take a free meal too if it were sitting there.

Comment

That's too funny! LOL

Congrats on the bird in the pic and thanks for supporting the local K-9 population.

Comment

Sir you have the most entertaining hunts on TBH. Congrats on the nice long beard.

Comment

Great story and I can't wait to see this video.

Comment

Like I said before....Buff is my hero!

Comment

Man I bet that was awesome. I would love to have a video or you chasin that coyote through the brush.

Comment

Working...
                              X