No announcement yet.

Hardest hitting 150 gr. ammo for 270?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nosler acubond hardest hitting bullet made from whitetail to elk crushes bone and holds together...also very accurate...I shot the polymer tip 140 grain in a 270 wsm...

Comment

140gr Nosler partition or acubond you can shoot anything from coyotes to bull moose.

Comment

For whitetail

1st choice is 130g Nosler Partition.

2nd choice is 130g Barnes TTSX

Both expand reliably and both nearly always exit. The Barnes has the edge on accuracy.

Comment

150 Power Points get my vote. Have never had an animal take one step. Deer, hogs, yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            They have to be lighter. They need higher velocities to open up properly. So how do they perform at long range???
            They perform very well at longer ranges but what is long range to one may not be considered such to another.
            Everything I have shot thus far with them has been 500 yards and under.
            I am currently, even this morning as a matter of fact, working up a load for my 7mm RUM using the Barnes 145 gr LRX (Long Range Tipped Triple Shock) bullet. Once I get the load dialed in I am going to have Leupold make me a CDS dial on that load for the scope I am using.
            I am really intrigued by that bullet weight in that caliber for true long range shooting.

Comment

thanks guys. ordered some barnes. give it a try.

rick

Comment

I shoot federal ballistic tips but in a 130 grain. Killed probably over 100 deer with them. Great bullet. Also the Winchester silver tips are great.

Comment

140gr Hornady SST gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                    140gr Hornady SST gets my vote
                    I have shot these for 2 years now and I'm about to make a swap I think. They are accurate, but the last 4 deer that have been shot with that bullet have ran. Not far. But they do run. I never had this problem until I started using these. Might I add all 4 of these deer were either double lunged or shot in the heart. Even taken out their shoulders and they just won't drop

Comment

The one that's moving fastest.

Comment

My son shot a doe this morning with the Barnes bullet. Excellent shot placement but she ran about 100 yds & fell dead.
                        The shot left a real good sized exit wound, bigger than I expected.
                        I had been a faithful Winchester Silvertip user but converted because excessive damage like others mentioned.
                        Will continue with this Barnes bullet for now...would like to try on a bigger animal or pig soon

Comment

Sierra Game King 130 or 150 enough said

Comment

I made the switch to the Barnes. I wouldn't shoit any other billets. No fragments and tremendous knock down.

Comment

Reason I asked was the last few deer I shot with a rifle had to be shot again after good shot placement. Used Core Lock for 3 of those. Last nite shot a doe with the federal power lock. Good shot. Couldnt find any blood or anything even though I thought i saw it go down.

Found it this morning. Shoulder blown apart. Went several hundred yds. Thru thick brush and creekbeds,etc. I want something that is gonna knock them on their butt the first shot.

I still couldnt find any blood this morning or any sign. Just pure luck we found it.

Time to try something else.

rick

Comment

Not trying to sound like a smart ***... But if you don't want them to run why not shoot them in the neck? A lot less damage to edible meat and they're DRT

Comment

Working...
                                X