Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely put, SR.

#stillbelievin

Comment

Altuve had knee surgery yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        Altuve had knee surgery yesterday
        Interesting they still arent revealing what exactly was causing the discomfort.

Comment

Sounds like LMJ will have Tommy John and miss next season. This team was a shell of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Well I am disappointed...

I am disappointed for the players. I can honestly say that I have watched more Astros basesball this year than any other year. I've followed them before, sure - but mainly the box score, been to a few games in past years, but this year, felt the most connected to what is actually goin on in the game, etc just because I watched more innings this year than ever before.

So I am bummed for the team. The injuries and the mid season slump caught back up to them. Nobody who watched them throughout the season should be all too surprised. They were better on the road than at home. We had more than a couple terrible series against teams that were above .500. Home field advantage really meant nothing.

You know there is something about watching Altuve limp around the bases that kinda puts a damper on things... You kinda hoped that injury was behind him... I am sure it affected the team as well. Margo bouncing off the Green Giant just served as a reminder of how keeping healthy is too darn important. Corea... well.. clearly not 100%. Was weird seeing Yuli in such a slump and move around the lineup. The Machette was fun to watch when he'd pick somebody off... but not having McCann be healthy enough to be able to leverage his experience in those tight situations... well...

When folks said "they don't look like they want to win!"... well that kinda burns me a bit. Baseball is a game of managing stress... and there was a lot of stress on that team that you really just can't see from watching the post season. Nagging injuries... which caused a drastic yo-yo in team chemistry throughout the season does eventually catch up to you.
            Yes sir well said. We will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
              Sounds like LMJ will have Tommy John and miss next season. This team was a shell of itself.
              I saw the same being reported. That might get Morton resigned if his shoulder is in fact sound.

Comment

I guess next time Bregman will keep his mouth shut and stop posting crap on social media. Yes he is one of the best in the game, but this is MLB not the NFL! Stay humble and let your play do the talking.

Comment

Ausmus named manager of Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    I guess next time Bregman will keep his mouth shut and stop posting crap on social media. Yes he is one of the best in the game, but this is MLB not the NFL! Stay humble and let your play do the talking.
                    Yep. I like Bregman the ballplayer but his ego got huge this season (maybe rightfully so). But you never, EVER do something like that to motivate the Red Sox. Maybe Hinch will keep a tighter leash on him next season.

So what do y’all think about Keuchel? Will they re-sign him? Or should they? He picked a bad year to falter so hard.

Comment

I think someone will throw stupid money at Keachel and we won't. So I think he will be gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be an interesting offseason.

Somebody needs Dallas Keuchel - the Astros have moved beyond that level. So I expect him to go.

Correa I think goes too. Bad year to get injured.

Sucks about LMJ - I had a feeling something wasn't quite right based on how they utilized him. Kind of like tuve - except with tuve - you know he was going under the knife the second the season was over... so that kind of came as no surprise.

I think systemnt finally gets his wish... and the left hander that shall not be named - doesn't come back.

For all the Bregman lashings for his social media antics... while I don't disagree that I'd rather him be more mature about it, because I am old school... I don't think it had much of an impact. I think that stuff gets over played more so than anything. I don't think there is a lesson to be learned from a result standpoint... from a professionalism standpoint... sure. The Sox handled the Bregman threat rationally and pitched him to the point where it forced Hinch to make changes too. People look for dramatic reasons... just watch the same reporter ask 4 different Lakers the question "why do you think the game changed after the fight" as if to try and get the players to admit that it had something to do with the fight, or missing a player... and nobody took the bait. They all have the same motivation to hit the ball... it's to win.

Comment

Should be an interesting offseason.

Somebody needs Dallas Keuchel - the Astros have moved beyond that level. So I expect him to go.

Correa I think goes too. Bad year to get injured.

Sucks about LMJ - I had a feeling something wasn't quite right based on how they utilized him. Kind of like tuve - except with tuve - you know he was going under the knife the second the season was over... so that kind of came as no surprise.

I think systemnt finally gets his wish... and the left hander that shall not be named - doesn't come back.

For all the Bregman lashings for his social media antics... while I don't disagree that I'd rather him be more mature about it, because I am old school... I don't think it had much of an impact. I think that stuff gets over played more so than anything. I don't think there is a lesson to be learned from a result standpoint... from a professionalism standpoint... sure. The Sox handled the Bregman threat rationally and pitched him to the point where it forced Hinch to make changes too. People look for dramatic reasons... just watch the same reporter ask 4 different Lakers the question "why do you think the game changed after the fight" as if to try and get the players to admit that it had something to do with the fight, or missing a player... and nobody took the bait. They all have the same motivation to hit the ball... it's to win.
                          Please explain to me how you see Correa gone after this season?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Please explain to me how you see Correa gone after this season?
                            Well for starters... He signed a 1 year contract. So since his contract is up... that is the first step in the possibility he does not return.

From there, it is anybody's guess... and I guess he's gone. I'm not saying the Astros dump him... I just don't think they will be willing to offer him enough for him to stay. Again, my guess.

Comment

Well for starters... He signed a 1 year contract. So since his contract is up... that is the first step in the possibility he does not return.

From there, it is anybody's guess... and I guess he's gone. I'm not saying the Astros dump him... I just don't think they will be willing to offer him enough for him to stay. Again, my guess.
                              He is still in the middle of his rookie contract until 2022. He ain't going anywhere unless he gets traded

Comment

Wrong
                                Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                                He is still in the middle of his rookie contract until 2022. He ain't going anywhere unless he gets traded
                                This^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X