Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer sent, Storm!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      I'm still here guys , I spent the night in the cleansing process for getting scoped out. The bleeding has stopped just have to find what caused it. I would be lying if I said it didint worry my wife n I. Thank everyone for the prayers and get well soon, updates to follow as they let me know.
      Glad all is well. Best of wishes for you and the wife. Stuff like that can be down right scary!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Per the COE website, Kimball Bend closed, Plowman closed, all closed on Aquilla.
        Thank you

Comment

Scope begins at 2 , if all goes well i get to go home tomorrow. With answers on why it started i hope.

Comment

Aqilla is 11.57 feet above normal.

Whitney is 5.95 feet above normal.

Waco came up 8 foot overnight. It's 11.70 feet above normal.

Whitney, Grandbury, and PK still releasing about the same rates.

Comment

Praying for ya Storm!

Thanks for the water updates Texas Grown! Do you think this rain improves duck habitat and duck hunting?

Comment

Looks like I’ll need to dust off the quantum and a couple black senkos instead of my bow.... If you see a pile of corn out in the wide open and wonder what idiot is hunting there it’s probably me now. Had to find the best dry spot i could to move and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some areas out there become dynamite in flood conditions like the ones we had in 2015!

Definitely gonna change up some of the feeding patterns out there.

Comment

On the phone with the park service. As of noon today all parks are closed indefinitely. They are looking at even more water level rise and are expecting it to crest in another 10 feet. COE are advising any units by the water to bring your own flotation device and enter at your own risk.

Comment

Hope my area doesn't get crowded. Gonna go throw corn fri and hunt sat.

Comment

Are these just the parks that are closed? Or also the hunting areas as well?
                        Was planing on doing a couple afternoon hunts Friday and maybe Saturday too

Comment

I was gonna be headed out there tomorrow from Dallas. No place to stay now. Anyone know of a place I can car camp or something? =\

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
                            Are these just the parks that are closed? Or also the hunting areas as well?
                            Was planing on doing a couple afternoon hunts Friday and maybe Saturday too

Thats just the parks. You'll have to contact COE to verify what units are open. From what they told me its enter at your own risk kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                              Some areas out there become dynamite in flood conditions like the ones we had in 2015!

Definitely gonna change up some of the feeding patterns out there.

Thats what I’m hoping, I’ve hunted the same unit off and on since 2005 and I’m comfortable where I’m at now just depends on how many other hunters get squeezed down with me oh and the dang Cows!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah ok. Im still a newer hunter, only my 4th season. Im in school full time and work full time so it dosent allow alot of time for hunting. So when I do get the opportunity, I really wanna go. Friday and Saturday where 2 days I could swing. But if its gonna be closed to dangerous, Ill just have to wait my eager self a few more weeks, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X