2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Every camera I checked today had morning and mid day pics. None of those were on corn. 2 on trails, one in food plot

Eh.. I hope I have better results ha

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Every camera I checked today had morning and mid day pics. None of those were on corn. 2 on trails, one in food plot
      Sounds like my pipeline stand might be a good place to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
        This rain sure is hurting several peoples spots.

Opening weekend I was crossing 18” of water in a slew to get to a oak bottom on a bayou I hunt.
        Thinking I’ll need a boat to get back there now.

But it’s one of those hard to get to places that you just know a giant is lurking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Place we are on Walker county Houston county line on the Trinity is mostly under water, was 2' Sunday who knows now.

Comment

I was sure looking forward to going tomorrow but now my daughters sick so guess who has to stay home?

Comment

Slept in this morning. Rain let up, walking to stand at 11:30 see decent 8 cruise across Houston CR 4545, cut into woods on way to stand, heard female bobcat low moan. Sat still and she trotted past me around 20 yards after circling me for few minutes. Got in stand and bottom fell out. Rained on me and got soaked with rain gear on. Rain let up around 4:30 and by 5:00 have 3 doe 15 yards. High rack yearling 8 comes in grunting and pushes doe out. Yearling doe comes in and a very cautious 2 year old 7 comes in grunting. Pushes yearling doe out. 7 eats beauty berry leaves for couple minutes and leaves. 3 doe and high rack 8 come back and stay til dark. Big boy never made an appearance....

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                Slept in this morning. Rain let up, walking to stand at 11:30 see decent 8 cruise across Houston CR 4545, cut into woods on way to stand, heard female bobcat low moan. Sat still and she trotted past me around 20 yards after circling me for few minutes. Got in stand and bottom fell out. Rained on me and got soaked with rain gear on. Rain let up around 4:30 and by 5:00 have 3 doe 15 yards. High rack yearling 8 comes in grunting and pushes doe out. Yearling doe comes in and a very cautious 2 year old 7 comes in grunting. Pushes yearling doe out. 7 eats beauty berry leaves for couple minutes and leaves. 3 doe and high rack 8 come back and stay til dark. Big boy never made an appearance....

Atleast you had yourself an eventful evening!

Comment

I am sitting in the blind now. It is pouring rain! I sure wish the rain would clear out for several days. I got drawn for the Richland Creek archery hunt that starts on Monday. I am going to be very surprised if it is not cancelled due to the Trinity river flooding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                    I am sitting in the blind now. It is pouring rain! I sure wish the rain would clear out for several days. I got drawn for the Richland Creek archery hunt that starts on Monday. I am going to be very surprised if it is not cancelled due to the Trinity river flooding.

The good news if it isn't cancelled the flooding should concentrate the deer to higher ground.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      The good news if it isn't cancelled the flooding should concentrate the deer to higher ground.
                      Lol. It's all flood plain except the little bit of high ground that the offices are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                        Lol. It's all flood plain except the little bit of high ground that the offices are on.

Oops! Get your waders!

Comment

I’ll be making my first hunt of the season this weekend. Walked into my set up yesterday to hand corn and spooked a doe and 2 yearlings. I haven’t had a camera going so I have no idea what may be showing up

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                            I’ll be making my first hunt of the season this weekend. Walked into my set up yesterday to hand corn and spooked a doe and 2 yearlings. I haven’t had a camera going so I have no idea what may be showing up

I'll be on my first hunt as well come Friday morning.

Comment

I’m on day 3, haven’t seen a deer on stand yet. Three hunts were in oaks.

This hunt I threw in the towel and am sitting over a feeder hoping to stick a pig, but they’ve no showed so far as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                I’m on day 3, haven’t seen a deer on stand yet. Three hunts were in oaks.

This hunt I threw in the towel and am sitting over a feeder hoping to stick a pig, but they’ve no showed so far as well.

****.. Doesnt make me feel very confident haha.. Wheres your lease located?

Comment

Working...
                                X