South Texas rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
    Came back down today and got to one of the gauges. Total of 8 inches. 4 last Wednesday and 4 dumped today.

Supposed to be more on the way too.

On another note, I saw two bucks that were hard horned today. One young and one mature. Is this uncommon?
    Have not been down since rain but 8" is more than I think I got.
    It is about time for some of the bucks to start rubbing out. Some drop antlers early and some late.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
      I’m worried about acidosis from the new growth now. [emoji57]
      Now you went and done it.

Comment

11.4'' in Wilson county the past 6 days. Ranch down south near Karnes/Atascosa line is right at 4''

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
          What part of Atascosa?
          We are on the Wilson/Atascosa boarder. Needed some tank water!!
          Same here, off of 97. Not complaining about the 4.5 inches total, but did not fill up our tanks.

Comment

We got about 2.5”s. Rain kept going all around Freer. We could get a lot more this weekend depending on the route of this TS/TD.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
              Same here, off of 97. Not complaining about the 4.5 inches total, but did not fill up our tanks.
              My cousin lives a couples miles from our property and said he has had 9 inches so far. So i'm guessing our tank is full. Going to try and get out there today if i doesn't rain before i get off work.

Comment

My cousin lives a couples miles from our property and said he has had 9 inches so far. So i'm guessing our tank is full. Going to try and get out there today if i doesn't rain before i get off work.
                Where are you located in Atascosa/Wilson?

Comment

5.75 south east of Freer

Comment

11.50 " in the past 10 days in Frio county

That's more than half of our total rainfall for this year.
                    Tanks are over full and it looks like spring time.
                    Wish I could have got this a few months.

Comment

Farmlogs is showing a little over 5" for us the last 10 days or so. We were bad dry. Deer should be looking healthy very soon. Surprisingly enough the bodies on all of our deer look pretty darn good considering the lack of rain and forbes on our place. I think our fawn crop is going to be at or near 0 with the exception of fawns from the DMP pen. All this rain will hopefully give them a head start out in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
                        Where are you located in Atascosa/Wilson?
                        Between McCoy and Dewees on 541. About 5 Miles from Dewees.

Comment

Between McCoy and Dewees on 541. About 5 Miles from Dewees.
                          Not too far from you. I know that area, been working with EOG for the past ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            [ATTACH]923957[/ATTACH]Got rained on all day yesterday while mowing senderos in Thompsonville. Rain gauge had just over an inch in it prior to leaving. A storm was rolling in as we pulled out and with today looking alot yesterday on radar I'm sure it also contributed to the rain gauge. We managed to finish a few. Perfect day for mowing, a little wet but I'd rather be wet in cool than rolling in a dust cloud.
                            you're pretty close to my place. It's still sloppy down there. I think we're pushing 16" for the month.

Comment

Working...
                            X