Savage with a longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage with a longbow

If you can take watching a freaking spanish killer with a long bow just shoot everything for 27 minutes watch this. He can shoot but other times I feel like hes just flinging arrows just hoping that he'd make contact. Liked the video anyways.

I just watched the whole thing. Just a 30 minute infomercial that is really not very good for bowhunters, IMHO! There isn’t any telling how many critters that guy loses!!! He takes a LOT of high risk shots. But, I guess they might do things differently in Europe?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I just watched the whole thing. Just a 30 minute infomercial that is really not very good for bowhunters, IMHO! There isn’t any telling how many critters that guy loses!!! He takes a LOT of high risk shots. But, I guess they might do things differently in Europe?

Bisch
      ... never like seeing that ... each to his own but I'll pass ...

Comment

Definitely an infomercial for those broadheads. I'm a little mixed on the overall impact of the video. The Florentine hunter shows a different approach than most of us would -- particularly at the very end (last couple of minutes), with some shots at running animals (one going away). But, actually, most of the earlier shots were reasonable and well executed. He also showed a nice measure of respect for the animals, noted that he needed the animal to get broadside for good shots, and spoke of feeding his family.
        Last edited by tradtiger; 08-16-2018, 12:45 AM. Reason: clarify that "earlier" shots were reasonable

Comment

That's what I was thinking Tiger. The first half seemed to be broadside standing heart and lungshots. Then it just got pretty wild.

Comment

He's not afraid to fling an arrow, that's for sure.

Comment

Savage with a longbow

Originally posted by DWA View Post
              That's what I was thinking Tiger. The first half seemed to be broadside standing heart and lungshots. Then it just got pretty wild.

One thing I will admire about him is that he shows it all! He showed the spine shot on the deer and the neck shot on the hartebeest. Most of these TV shows over here make it look like these guys never miss or mess up at all. They even go so far as to say “Smoked him!” on obviously bad shots, and very few own up to the fact that they made a not so stellar shot.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                One thing I will admire about him is that he shows it all! He showed the spine shot on the deer and the neck shot on the hartebeest. Most of these TV shows over here make it look like these guys never miss or mess up at all. They even go so far as to say “Smoked him!” on obviously bad shots, and very few own up to the fact that they made a not so stellar shot.

Bisch

Exactly! And he showed the arrow impacts in slow motion in case you missed it. I didn't quite realize he'd missed forward on the hartebeest until the slo-mo showed the neck impact and severed artery gushing. I was impressed with several of his shots, though. Pretty clever to put a yardage marker rock out for the early doe shot, which that doe knew was WRONG! And the 30-meter second doe in that sequence was an amazing shot -- especially if he really allowed for the string-duck as well as the arrow drop at that distance, as he stated. As I said above, not necessarily a shot we would take. The perfect shot on the goat jumping over boulders was impressive. And, I have no idea how or where he even hit that deer running straight away from him. Definitely not a shot any of us would take (I would hope).

As for the infomercial aspect: I see little difference between that single product broadhead messaging, compared to various products highlighted in American commercial hunting shows -- not to mention NASCAR ("liked to thank the Holly Carb/Goodyear/Pennzoil/Hurst Shifter/ Chevrolet folks for making this win possible...")

Comment

Okay, so I watched it. My $0.02

Not too worried about the endorsement/broadhead thing. Seemed on par or really even less compared to what we see in the US market. For a 30 minute video... in the US, you'd see 1 minute of hunting and 29 minutes of somebody talking about how this and that never fails them yada yada yada.

All the way up till minute 25, Seemed like normal kills with a few oopsies that we've all made where sometimes the results are okay and sometimes not so much. I wouldn't personally judge the guy on any of those... And a shot on a moving jack rabbit isn't something I have done, but I wouldn't chide a guy for trying.

The last few minutes though... that was something different. I'm guessing from the narration and the sounds that they were doing deer drives, etc. So the expectation was those kind of shots. That is a cultural thing and I am sure folks have been hunting like that for ages. may not be my cup of coffee...

Oh and on the jumping rams and that shot... that one... I'd like to know how close that ram was when he shot him. I took a shot on a javi that was strolling at 7 yards from me. So I've made the decision to take a moving shot. In hindsight, even though I recovered it, I somewhat regret that decision. For the ram, sure I think... that thing could have jumped any second... but maybe he was really close and he just had a sense of how much it would move... I don't know.

All in all - I'd give it a B. It had a guy shooting trad and not doing too much out of the ordinary (outside the last 2 minutes with the game drives.)

Comment

Ive only watched part of it. not bad.
                    looks like the B/H he use's are doing the job.
                    I don't see a problem with what i'v watched. we all promote diffrent products. no problem there.. I have never filmed a hunt. i could guess its hard, the old films with Mr. HILL, BEAR, YOUNG. and the equipment THEY had to use, sure would of made it even harder.
                    heck the camera's they use today weigh less than the film of the old days, after all the negative comments, maybe its the pink feathers you fellows don't like...
                    honestly i beleave to-many ,,don't practice longer distances, and get into the got to be 5 feet away to shoot..have a great day y'all, and live life to the fullest, cause ya only get one shot at it...

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                      have a great day y'all, and live life to the fullest, cause ya only get one shot at it...
                      Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                      X