Snake bit on the hogs :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake bit on the hogs :(

Shot another pig this morning and could not find it.

Pig was at 30yds quartering away and I hit it a little higher than I wanted but shot still looked good. Waited nearly an hour and ended up tracking it .5mi with very little blood at the end.

That makes 2 that I have shot since the opening weekend and no recovery. I know I made a bad shot (liver/gut) on the first one but I thought I did good on this one.

I did find a nice shed from last year that was not chewed up or bleached out and I jumped a pretty nice deer (at least the side view) trailing the pig

The G2 is 11+, G3 is 12+, base ~4", main beam ~22"

i shot one last night and hit him in the shoulder and didnt find my arrow or blood

Comment

keep practicing on them your doing fine

Comment

Keep shootin em! Just leave the oreo one alone!!!

Seriously go by and get some BH's if you need em. I got a bag full of once shot 2 blade Rage that need to be stuck in a pig. Doesn't look like I'm gonna get to use em for another couple weeks...

Comment

Pulled the card out of a camera I had up about 100yds from where I shot the last one. Looks like a piece of arrow sticking out of the shoulder of one that looks like the one I shot. Tried to zoom but my cheap game cameras start pixilating before I can tell for sure if it is an arrow

Put some more hand corn out and after lunch I am going to put another camera at the feeder. Thinking now the arrow may be in the cavity behind the shoulder and outside the ribs

Comment

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I think the one that I shot is dead, but those pigs just dont bleed much.

Comment

You need tostart aiming for the ear hole,, they will roll over and never take another step.. Makes for much easier tracking on the pigs,

Comment

Like Jcar said, just keep shooting. Buy some cheap arrows and broadheads also. Save to the good stuff for deer.

Comment

Working...
                X