Next batch of knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next batch of knives

Onward to the sandpaper and files. 1084 on the larger, 1095 on the kitchen.

Some Kirnite, some buffalo, and some antler/ebony/mesquite. Kitchen in bois d'arc.

2 headed to Ohio, 1 to Missouri, 1 to Louisiana.
    Attached Files

First 6 finished today, 3 more to get wrapped up and then to the sheaths.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! i havent had any time to get in the shopsince football season began...having withdrawals!!haha

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm big on bone and natural wood, so absolutely love the 2 on the left. But, those 2 acrylic, I'm guessing, on the right look pretty cool. Kinda need a close look. Great job all around though. Overall shape fits my style

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          I'm big on bone and natural wood, so absolutely love the 2 on the left. But, those 2 acrylic, I'm guessing, on the right look pretty cool. Kinda need a close look. Great job all around though. Overall shape fits my style
          The two on the right are the Kirinite that he mentioned in the op. It makes a nice set of scales and is some tough stuff.

They all look good to me.

Comment

Great work "D"!

Comment

I too like that style. Especially the two on the right.

Comment

Thanks guys. The two on the right that Mr. Conner mentioned as kirinite are for 2 retired AF Chiefs. Those are "Desert Camo". It's pretty easy to work with, requires no stabilizing, and finishes with the buffer to a high gloss, and not slippery.

The two in the middle are buffalo horn, and going to a father/son in Ohio. The buffalo is more work than the kirinite, but buffs out nicely.

Far left is antler and mesquite, headed to a co-worker in Illinois. The antler and ebony will probably be used as a Christmas present.

1 of the 3 that I need to finish should be a real nice knife, cocobolo with red liners and copper corbys. The other 2 are kitchen knives, with bois d'arc and mosaic pins.

Comment

Nice work! Do you buy the blade stock or forge those?

Comment

Looks really good. Like the background too. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. I'm finally back in the shop after an 8 year break! I started knives about 13 years ago and did a lot of them in 5 years then overtime and work led me to be unavailable. I started again about three weeks ago and am glad to be back at it. I cannot believe how much material costs have gone up though. I used to buy a bunch of blade blanks from Jantz and Texas knife makers. A few I used to pay $7-$10 a piece for are now at least double that!

Comment

The blade stock is flat bar stock, I.e. Using stock removal method. Someday I'll try forging.

Comment

First 2 out of the shop, took me long enough!

First one is going to a co-worker in Illinois, some 1084, texas mesquite, texas antler, a couple of nickel-silver pins and a plain tan sheath. He is a waterfowl hunter, wanted something to throw in his pack.

Second is also 1084, cocobolo with copper pins. I like this knife, plain antique black sheath. This will probably be a white elephant Christmas gift.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That second one is sharp! No pun intended.

Comment

Nice knives

Comment

Working...
                              X