No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the problem was tonight, but I'm kinda let down. Not sure if it was the extra stout in combo with the corojo, but it seemed to clash quite a bit. Like they fought each other. Maybe needed a whiskey or something other, but my selection was wrong. I have more and will try something different next time for sure. Tell me what I did wrong Obi Wan Kenobi, I mean Gummi?

Comment

Gummi,

Have you seen the latest RP Anniversary?
      Rhinestones on the box. So darn gaudy I couldn't even bring myself to try a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
        Kept under the right conditions, they're pretty darn decent. Lots of 'grassy' flavor. That's pretty indicative of a true Cuban. Let it dry out, and it won't be very good.

A lot of a cigar's flavor comes from oils in the tobacco, oil that is dependent upon moisture. Once it dries out, you can never re-condition it. I've smoked a bunch of 10 year old cigars, and I've watched people smoke pre-ban Cubans (Kennedy initiated the first embargo in 62).

There comes a point when the cigar loses it's personality, and the jury is out as to when that happens (I've never had one long enough to know personally, I'm going by what I've read, and heard others discuss)
        Thanks for the info.

Comment

Wilshire Ocean Blvd. Anyone ever try em?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
            Not sure what the problem was tonight, but I'm kinda let down. Not sure if it was the extra stout in combo with the corojo, but it seemed to clash quite a bit. Like they fought each other. Maybe needed a whiskey or something other, but my selection was wrong. I have more and will try something different next time for sure. Tell me what I did wrong Obi Wan Kenobi, I mean Gummi?
            That is two separate sources of very powerful flavor in one sitting. Clashing bitter flavors would be my guess. A young Corojo is very 'raspy' to me. Kind of like smoking something, and getting a bit of a sandpaper sensation. This mellows with age.

I like to keep blank cigar bands, and date some cigars that I'm interested in aging. I write the purchase date on them, and rotate them to the bottom of my humidor.

You may try it with a semi sweet drink next time. I like to drink coffee or tea with my cigars, they bring out a whole different bunch of flavors. Maybe a creamy coffee, with a hint of raw sugar might go good with it.

Or you could go all out, and spring for a pure cane DrPepper or Coke. I love it with strong cigars.

Originally posted by Grumbler View Post
            Gummi,

Rhinestones on the box. So darn gaudy I couldn't even bring myself to try a stick.
            You're kidding me?! I have got to get to the shop and check that out. I wonder if they'll be as bad as the CAO Vision a little while back? They came in the coolest box ever, but it was an atrocious smoke. I'm gonna have to go buy one just to see.

Originally posted by Mastro View Post
            Wilshire Ocean Blvd. Anyone ever try em?
            No, but I'll put it on my list of things to try. Where did you buy it? Online or a local shop?

Comment

Hey gummi

What would be a good pair for my man o war ruination?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbler View Post
                Gummi,

2500 boxes made. They celebrate Rocky's 50th birthday. Once those 2500 are gone he is never gonna make that blend again.

Comment

The Edge, a pretty darn decent smoke. I haven't met anyone with big enough stones to buy a cab of them though If you can sit on it for a while, they really smooth out after a year or so.

I wish. Wish. That Rocky would bring back the Sumatra Edge that he made a few years ago. It was a spectacular smoke.
                  I can get u some Edge Sumatra. The shop by my house has a cab of them. I have 10 myself that I am aging

Comment

Jackson,

Where you at.
                    I'd like to try the sumatra edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson357 View Post
                      I can get u some Edge Sumatra. The shop by my house has a cab of them. I have 10 myself that I am aging
                      I wouldn't mind getting a few from you or getting you to pick up some for me .

I'm about over this crud and can get back to the sticks soon!

Comment

Ha, you stepped in it now Jackson...

I'd probably be in for 10 or so.

Are they at En Fuego, or is there another shop out that way now?

Comment

Ha, you stepped in it now Jackson...

I'd probably be in for 10 or so.

Are they at En Fuego, or is there another shop out that way now?

Top 'O the mornin' to you Sir...

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                            Hey gummi

What would be a good pair for my man o war ruination?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
                            I've never had one. Not sure what to expect.

If you have more than one, water is always the first thing that I'd drink. Then while you're smoking it, you can decide what flavor would go along good with it.

Reading up, it looks like it's made up mostly of Ligero leaf, which is very potent, and peppery. I've had Ligero wrapped cigars make me light headed before (much to my buddies amusement )

Shop premium cigars, humidors, samplers, pipes, pipe tobacco, and accessories at CIGAR.com. Huge cigar selection at great prices everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

Top 'O the mornin' to you Sir...
                              And you as well...

I haven't forgotten about you, I'm still accumulating a couple of things before I send a package your way.

Comment

A friend of mine is the owner of Adrian's cigars. They are pretty good and he is getting a lot more shelf dove these days in cigar shops. Give em a try..

Comment

Working...
                                X