No announcement yet.

Deer blind build supply list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have DeerView windows and I do not think there is a better or quieter window out there.....Love my DeerView's! I can open them with a buck at less that 15' and they never even notice

Comment

Use 2x2 for the walls it will work just fine, built a few like this and they are light and last for years..

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
        I have DeerView windows and I do not think there is a better or quieter window out there.....Love my DeerView's! I can open them with a buck at less that 15' and they never even notice
        I second this statement. The best blind windows a man can buy. Not to mention the folks there are amazing..

Comment

This may not help you any, but we build our blinds out of the 2x2s. But here's the good part; we build the base, sides, and roof separately. They will lay flat on the trailer, 2 people can assemble easily and easier to move that way. Unless you have a tractor. That's the easiest route. I don't have any pictures handy but if you have any question I'll explain the best I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Building the blinds out of smaller or lighter material is fine UNLESS you decide to move the blinds, then the small 2x2's or 2x4's cut in half to lighten the weight will become a problem. I built 2 4x6 blinds out of 4x4 corners and 2x4's for everything else except for the floor out of plywood. It was covered with coroplast attached with fender washers and deck screws. After a few moves due to loosing on lease and such, it is not very sturdy and has some movement to it. Some needed repairs will be needed before it is really useable again.

Do you want it to last or do you want it to be light weight? Serious question!

Comment

Do you want it to last or do you want it to be light weight? Serious question![/QUOTE]

I want it to last. This is family property so it will be permanent. I think the floor structure will be 2x6swith 2x4s for the Skelton. We have tractores and front end loafers so weight is not an issue. My only concern is he siding. I want them to last so I figure I’ll uses the aluminum pieces, caulk and paint.

I think I’ll go with deer view windows since they have a good reputation around here, what size should I get? This will be for rifle blinds as kids will hunt out of these with us.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                Do you want it to last or do you want it to be light weight? Serious question!

I want it to last. This is family property so it will be permanent. I think the floor structure will be 2x6swith 2x4s for the Skelton. We have tractores and front end loafers so weight is not an issue. My only concern is he siding. I want them to last so I figure I’ll uses the aluminum pieces, caulk and paint.

I think I’ll go with deer view windows since they have a good reputation around here, what size should I get? This will be for rifle blinds as kids will hunt out of these with us.[/QUOTE]

If you want it to last build it out of 1” 16g square tubing. It will be lighter and stronger. Skin it with R-panel and insulate with R-max 3/4” foam board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I think I’ll go with deer view windows since they have a good reputation around here, what size should I get? This will be for rifle blinds as kids will hunt out of these with us.

If you want it to last build it out of 1” 16g square tubing. It will be lighter and stronger. Skin it with R-panel and insulate with R-max 3/4” foam board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Now this is a heck of a solution to all your problems. I would have done mine that way, but I cannot weld worth a flip!

Comment

Well we do have a welding machine I need to learn on lol

Comment

Nothing wrong with DeerView windows, have some in a bow blind we built, but since you are in the Houston area you should check out the guys at Dickinson Feed. I needed some replacement windows and frames for an Atascosa brand blind. I called up Atascosa and was told that the guys at Dickinson Feed could help. I dropped in on their shop last week and was able to pick up the parts and complete windows that I needed. They were great about telling me how to repair some frames and even threw in some parts for free. In all, they saved me a couple of hundred dollars over what I thought I was going to spend when I walked in their door. They have sliding or hinged glass, clear or tinted. Worth a call or trip across town.

T

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                        Nothing wrong with DeerView windows, have some in a bow blind we built, but since you are in the Houston area you should check out the guys at Dickinson Feed. I needed some replacement windows and frames for an Atascosa brand blind. I called up Atascosa and was told that the guys at Dickinson Feed could help. I dropped in on their shop last week and was able to pick up the parts and complete windows that I needed. They were great about telling me how to repair some frames and even threw in some parts for free. In all, they saved me a couple of hundred dollars over what I thought I was going to spend when I walked in their door. They have sliding or hinged glass, clear or tinted. Worth a call or trip across town.

T
                        Next time I am at the Galveston County Medical Examiners Office Ill stop by and check them out

Comment

what size windows do you use when for your blinds? 12x24 or bigger?

Comment

Just go buy some stuff and start building . You'll have to go back anyway

My last 2 have got windows from ultramatic ad they're 15 mins from me. If I was near Dickenson I'd use theirs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X