No announcement yet.

Anybody buy a Work Sharp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good product. i did need a little practice to learn , so don’t use your best knife first.

Comment

Originally posted by Toothdoc77 View Post
      Good product. i did need a little practice to learn , so don’t use your best knife first.
      Yep, my experience also.

Comment

A good leather strop always makes a difference. You can use a leather belt but, I bought a strop a couple of years ago. It stays next to my work sharp tool
        Last edited by Toothdoc77; 12-19-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

yepper

Comment

What model you use? The 60 dollar one or the Ken onion model that is 120 plus on amazon?

Comment

They do work very well, but they do require a good bit of attention. Both on the tip (don't pull all the way through), and at the plunge line/choil areas.

On the plunge line/choil, I find it easier to start at various areas of the blade, push the blade into the plunge/choil. Follow up with a true Arkansas stone and then with a leather strop and buffing compound. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
                Saw infomercial on Outdoor Channel.
                Any endorsements?
                I got one. It's really easy to get a knife sharp with it. The problem is that it scratches up the side of the blade unless you tape it up first, which is a pain. I eventually sold it. I much prefer the Lansky. Of course these days I've taken to sharpening most of my knives free hand, so I don't use the Lansky as much anymore. But free handing took a lot of practice.
                Last edited by SamHarper; 12-19-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I bought one and used it a few times but I don't like it so it just sits on a shelf.

Comment

I like mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one but hardly use it any more. For coarse work I use a Lansky. For a quick touchup I use a paper wheel charged with white rouge.

Comment

I have one. Worked great until last week when the motor burnt up while sharpening my pocket knife. I'll be getting another.

Comment

If you want something cheap/easy that doesn't require electricity, you might also try this:

Works like a champ in 5-10 passes. No, I wouldn't use it on a $300 custom, but for regular kitchen knives and cheaper pocket knives, etc, it is the bomb..

Comment

I like mine, but still enjoy using a stone.

Comment

I have the Ken Onion, I like it fine for my hatchets, axes, machetes and any other hacking/chopping tools. I don't use it on my good knives because it puts a convex edge on blades. That's fine for choppers and stuff, but I don't want that edge on my knives.

Comment

I have had one for 3 years, and really enjoy it for sharpening up the household knives and hunting knives

Comment

Working...
                                X