Question for the corn farmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the corn farmers?

Couldn’t help but notice all the corn crop around me is dried out and dead. Is that normal for this time of year? Does that mean corn prices are going to go up? It seems like we haven’t had rain for 2-3 weeks where I live.

No. Rain doesn't affect corn production at all. Corn production doesn't affect corn prices at all. Not in Texas.

***The above may not be true, because I'm not a farmer and don't know **** about farming corn. But with all the legal advice given out on other threads by truck drivers, accountants, millwrights and loggers...I figured I'd try my hand at talking about some **** I don't know anything about.

Comment

They should start looking like that this time of the year. They will be picking soon.

Comment

Most all corn grown around here goes to silage.....dairy food.

Comment

All part of the natural dry down process. We will be starting corn harvest next week here in in the Crawford area

Comment

A friend of mine in Kansas said that they got very little planted because of the rain. They just got through with the wheat, should have been harvested 2 months ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Its almost corn harvest time in Matagorda/Wharton counties..most yields will be lacking...fair to good...just my opinion

Comment

Yes it’s very normal to dry down and die. It needs to be a certain moisture level to harvest it also. Like said above our Texas grown corn isn’t going to affect the prices of the market. Texas doesn’t produce enough corn to swing that market price like the corn belt does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Normal, futures and contracts are best forecast for corn prices.

Texas is normally one of the first to harvest. I normal harvest oct-nov depending on when I got it in and if I had to replant or not.

Comment

Our place and surrounding in Mo there was a lot more beans than corn planted. What corn got planted probably will not make as good as normal. You can expect corn to go up.

Gary

Comment

We started corn harvest last week. Corn prices are on the rise because of the flooding in the Midwest this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X