Saturday wasn’t too shabby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday wasn’t too shabby!

Decided to do a little target practice from a bluff I regularly sit on glassing. Lots of hog, turkey, and deer activity down below. I’m only interested in hogs, and they frequent a wallow that my target is set up next to. 814 yds, so nothing crazy. Click image for larger version

Name:	27D8D7E6-F770-4DC6-8E72-93CE6239162F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	25171855

Thas a pretty good poke. Thats Awesome

Comment

I had 5 rds in the mag that were 103 ELDX, but my normal load for it is a 108 ELDM. Had two rounds in a two rd holder on the side of the rifle that were 108s. First round hit 6 inches right of center. POA was the hanger at throat level. Made my correction then sent the next 3 that were fist sized. Last rd I went for a headshot. The bottom two are 108s. Looks like I may be switching my load over the 103.

Before anyone gets upset I have no desire to attempt a kill at 800+ with a 6 of any flavor. I’ll be using my 6.5 SAUM for anything even remotely close. I need to get considerably more comfortable with my rifle before I attempt that though. I’ve been slacking lately.Click image for larger version

Name:	13E2457E-CB25-45BC-A044-6FB953BE05DB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	24572173

Comment

Awesome shooting!!!

Comment

Good on you!!

Comment

Thank y’all!

Comment

Good shooting there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Good group with the 103’s. What chambering is your 6mm?

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                        Good group with the 103’s. What chambering is your 6mm?
                        Factory Seekins Havak in 6 Creedmoor.

Comment

Nice! I plan on doing a little long range testing this weekend with my new CA Mesa 6.5 PRC/147 ELD-M/143 ELD-X factory fodder and a Sig BDX 30-10 at the lease. We've got some loooooong canyons where I can air it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            Nice! I plan on doing a little long range testing this weekend with my new CA Mesa 6.5 PRC/147 ELD-M/143 ELD-X factory fodder and a Sig BDX 30-10 at the lease. We've got some loooooong canyons where I can air it out.
                            I dialed in a Seekins Havak in 6.5 PRC last week for my brother in law. I couldn’t find any 147s, but grabbed a few boxes of 143s. I dialed it in, then handed it over to my BIL. Took 3 shots to figure it out at 300, then I gave him his dope from 390-1020. He ran a ladder up and down without a single miss. Didn’t get any LR groups with it, but it dang sure shot. I think it went 390, 460, 720, 955, 1020, then back down. All targets in the 1-2 MOA range. 5 years ago if you told me I’d enjoy shooting factory ammo I’d have told you that you were FOS haha

Comment

Next month we will be shooting to 1818 again. Have steel set out from 300-1818, and depending on how motivated I feel and how much abuse I want to put my side by side through we can get to 2450+ (For the big boomers not my rifles).My goal for that PRC is reliably 1600 with factory ammo. If it can do that I’ll be more than happy. My SAUM will come out to play as usual for the extended ranges.

Comment

Working...
                              X