Girlfriends first deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriends first deer!

For the past two years this lady has joined me on almost every trip down to the deer lease to fill feeders & was asking questions at every step of the way.

Earlier this year she joined me at my grandparents farm in Missouri where she sat in the stand with me on a chilly 3 degree opening day... Needless to say shes a trooper.

She recently told me she was ready to sit in the stand & hunt for her first deer & this weekend was the first time both of our schedules were free..

As we headed down to the ranch Saturday morning you could tell the excitement was starting to hit.. We got down there around 1:00 & squeezed off a couple shots to ensure the old .270 was still sighted in & headed into the stand.

We got into the stand around 2:45 & had a small six walk out around 3:30.. Shortly after a larger 8 walked into the field & hung around for a while. I snapped a couple photos & sent them to my buddy chatting back & forth on if we wanted to harvest this deer.. After a short discussion we gave her the green light & she waited for a shot to present itself, squeezed the trigger & executed the shot perfectly.

Not typical that an hour into your first hunt you harvest a nice buck! I couldn't be more proud!
    Attached Files

Congrats to her

Comment

congrats

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats on her first!

Comment

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
          For the past two years this lady has joined me on almost every trip down to the deer lease to fill feeders & was asking questions at every step of the way.
          This made me laugh.....Congrats to her.

Comment

Awesome congrats

Comment

Congrats to her, nice deer

Comment

Blood on the face and all. Nice kill!!

Comment

Nice Congrats!!

Comment

She did good!

Comment

Congrats.

-john

Comment

Very nice! Deer's not bad either! much respect to her and too you.

Comment

Nice buck.Congrats

Comment

Nice deer. Congratulations to your girlfriend! She's a keeper.

Comment

Congrats to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X