TBH Youth Cowboys and Cowgirls 2019 rodeo dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    Congrats to Riley on winning Sweetwater. Sarah has finally decided to get back on her horse and wants to start competing again this fall. Her horse has been pretty idle for the last 12 months only ridden a few times and needs to get him legged up. She worked him in the arena for a couple of hours on Friday and then just rode around the ranch on Saturday. Was sure glad to see her back on her on her horse.
    Good deal. Glad she is back to riding again

Comment

Riley won the first Round in the Barrels at the WYTRA finals in her age group. She didn’t place in the open but should win the yr. Gator should be back first of August and he is looking strong and in the best shape of his life . Can’t wait for the fall

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Riley won the first Round in the Barrels at the WYTRA finals in her age group. She didn’t place in the open but should win the yr. Gator should be back first of August and he is looking strong and in the best shape of his life . Can’t wait for the fall
        Great to hear.

Comment

Well Hunter won a little money last night in Lometa in the flags. They will be going back tonight to try their luck again

Abbey continues to get faster times every rodeo so that is good to see since breaking her arm. Hopefully she will be back to full speed by the time Junior High Rodeo starts
          Last edited by aggie2000tx; 07-20-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Brandon, Toby, great to hear the kids are unstoppable!

Comment

Riley didn’t have the finals she wanted even though she won a round and made it back to the shoot out round. She tipped a barrel in the shoot out and took her out of the average and finals. She rode up to the winner and congratulated her and the girls response was something like “ you’re not that tough”. Absolutely crushed Riley. She doesn’t have a mean bone in her body. I guess winning when the toughs get knocked out due to luck makes some feel better. Well Riley walked away as the 2019 WTRA Women’s Open Barrel Racing Champion and the WTRA 13-16yr Old Champion. Karmas a *****..wear it as well as Riley will wear the championship buckles

Click image for larger version

Name:	B803770C-8144-4646-A2C1-C8C4A128FE1F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24584924

Comment

Congrats Riley and you too Dad!

Comment

That’s awesome Aggie and Brandon.

We were at Elite in Waco last week and didn’t fair well. I think the nerves got the best of Brynlee. I just wanted to see her have some clean runs to build self confidence.

One of the girls she rides with did when the 4d Saturday night after one of the last girls riding clocked a 14.993.
                  Pretty good payout for all the d winners.

Good luck to y’all the rest of the way.

Comment

Well Hunter got his first shot at roping live cattle this evening. He has been practicing hard for several months. He was grinning from ear to ear this evening. He caught several times so I guess he is hooked now.

Comment

Well here are Rileys three Barrel horses that she will be running this fall. All are ******es in their own kinda way and all have their own personality . This year dang sure hasn’t gone as planned but is what it is. We are gonna finish on a strong note. All three are A-team horses with Gator the Grey being 1A, Lucy being the reliable 2A and the new horse Leya being 3A. All can win any rodeo at any time and have their strengths and weaknesses . Their personalities are all so different. Gator is the big guy that just wants to run , Leya is the young girl still figuring it out and Lucy is the Veteran that will come through when it counts but can’t take the weekly grind . Save her when you need her. Most kids are blessed to have one special horse . Riley has been blessed to have three, two winning at the PRCA level and the other that has competed with along side Past and Current NFR qualifiers and Worlds Champions. My biggest advice to parents and young kids is one teach your kids to ride and ride different horses and second surround your kid with positive winners and champions
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by BrandonA; 07-29-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Good looking string of horses Riley has there. Still looking for that right horse Sarah to step up too. She has been getting her horse back in shape to be ready to compete this fall locally and supposed to start learning to goat tie and breakaway here soon (not sure she will ever compete doing it, just want her to learn how to do it).

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Good looking string of horses Riley has there. Still looking for that right horse Sarah to step up too. She has been getting her horse back in shape to be ready to compete this fall locally and supposed to start learning to goat tie and breakaway here soon (not sure she will ever compete doing it, just want her to learn how to do it).
                          Will her Stepdad and I are trying to talk Riley out of goat tying. I’ve never known one who didn’t end up having ankle and knee injuries. Breakaway will be a NFR event in 5 yrs. as far getting her and her horse to step up send her horse swimming . There is a place in Stonewall that is good. Best conditioning for horses. Rileys horses go on a regular basis

Comment

Originally posted by SMF View Post
                            That’s awesome Aggie and Brandon.

We were at Elite in Waco last week and didn’t fair well. I think the nerves got the best of Brynlee. I just wanted to see her have some clean runs to build self confidence.

One of the girls she rides with did when the 4d Saturday night after one of the last girls riding clocked a 14.993.
                            Pretty good payout for all the d winners.

Good luck to y’all the rest of the way.
                            Look at Elm Grove Jr rodeo this weekend. It’s really a cool deal. One of the oldest FFA Rodeos in Texas and supposedly give away Awesome Gist Buckles...no entry fee. Enter Thursday or Friday and top 15 come back Saturday for buckle run. We usually don’t enter jr Rodeos like this but my old ag teacher has been on me to enter Riley. Riley will be running her new horse to get runs in. They run it like they did 75yrs ago. To build confidence enter them where they can win..playdays, jr Rodeos, Open youth barrel races etc ... the elite is tough and full of sharks. Duck away from those right now
                            Last edited by BrandonA; 07-30-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

This is what rodeo is about. TBH kids coming together at the Elm Grove Rodeo. Making pals

Name:	C55A2817-AA70-45E9-88C4-3B943EB634D3.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	24587794

Comment

Just two kids riding ...encouraging each other

Name:	2F0F90C8-AA92-4D6D-9A7B-A09015542F33.jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24587795