No announcement yet.

Guys trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother and I hiked the Great Smoky Mountain National Park section of the Appalachian Trail in 5 days. Approximately 77 miles. We spent Father's Day on top of "Rocky Top" looking at pictures of our children and thanking God for our adventure.

Drove from Texas to Cali and back with my dad (63 yrs old) and my son (11 yrs old) hitting every National Park, National Monument, and National Forest along the way.
    Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe Peak, Chiricahua National Monument, Joshua Tree, Los Angeles, Santa Monica Beach, Sequoia National Forest, Death Valley, Los Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      Babymoon? . Just kidding...
      Hahaha in a way yes, but by no means due to that. I haven’t admitted to many, but my wife is expecting our first. She’s 14 weeks currently, and I figure I won’t get a chance after that. It was on the radar before we even found out she’s expecting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        My brother and I hiked the Great Smoky Mountain National Park section of the Appalachian Trail in 5 days. Approximately 77 miles. We spent Father's Day on top of "Rocky Top" looking at pictures of our children and thanking God for our adventure.

Drove from Texas to Cali and back with my dad (63 yrs old) and my son (11 yrs old) hitting every National Park, National Monument, and National Forest along the way.
        Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe Peak, Chiricahua National Monument, Joshua Tree, Los Angeles, Santa Monica Beach, Sequoia National Forest, Death Valley, Los Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, home.
        That sounds like a great trip, but no way the wife would let me do that without her. Our honeymoon was 5500 miles from Durango CO north through Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, Glacier NP, Banff NP, Yoho NP, Kootenay NP, Yellowstone NP, and the Tetons. She’s as much of an outdoor addict as I am, but I prefer to stay outdoors days on end. She wants 1-2 nights then a shower and repeat lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Hahaha in a way yes, but by no means due to that. I haven’t admitted to many, but my wife is expecting our first. She’s 14 weeks currently, and I figure I won’t get a chance after that. It was on the radar before we even found out she’s expecting though.
          Congrats, Bud!!! That's great news. Happy for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Ten days in Elbow Cay, Abaco, Bahamas. We rented two houses, two boats, took all of our tackle and bait with us. Took a taxi from the airport to the dock where we loaded our gear in boat the boats and headed off with a map of the Bahamas to find our island. The famous red and white lighthouse was the view out of my bedroom window everyday. We fished everyday and ate what we caught every night. One local grocery store and a bar that served cold Kalik beer and plenty of fried conch filled most of our needs. It was a great trip.
            I’d love to do something like this, but I can’t see it anytime in the foreseeable future. I’m practically stuck to 3-4 days at a time for guys trips, and the longer trips are reserved for the wife/soon to be family. I love hearing about trips like these anyways, and will definitely keep them on mind when I can afford to take the time away.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Congrats, Bud!!! That's great news. Happy for y'all.
              Thank you sir! It’s going to be a change of pace for sure, but we’re excited!

Comment

TBH tuna 48-50 hour tuna trip. This still happens every year.

A long time ago we had a TBH elk bow hunting get together in Colorado

Comment

Working...
                X