No announcement yet.

Almost needed rescued tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I used to trap all the time in the Winter a lot of times the only time I could find time to go set traps was at night. So I know the feeling of being watched. My buddy that I trapped with would go with me quite a bit. We went way out to an old homestead where a bobcat was living one night and I got out and grabbed the trap out of the back of the truck and I heard the doors lock. He never got out of the truck and he wasn't letting anything in either. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up a few times that night. He never went back out there with me. I felt like something was watching me every time I went out there but I eventually got used to it and it didn't bother me anymore. I think it's more of a mental thing than anything else. I know it freaks some people out but I got to where it didn't bother me too much.

Try jumping a covey of quail or almost step on a pheasant and have that sucker come rippin out of the grass right under your feet in the dark. That gets your attention. I bet the first time I had a covey flush under my feet in the dark the expression on my face looked like a lighting bolt went up my ***.
    Last edited by okrattler; 07-06-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
      Had a stand off one time with a skunk in the dark. If it’s bright enough I don’t typically use a light when walking to the stand. I was walking down the ranch road saw him coming right at me, I couldn’t tell what it was at first. It got 10 ft from me and started barking at me. Scared the **** out of me dang near. I shined a light on him and realized it was a skunk. I remember thinking please don’t spray me, please don’t spray me! He finally let me have the road and went on his way but he had me shaking for a bit lol
      This happens to me at least once on every Kansas hunting trip. I swear they have a skunk problem like we have a hog problem.
      I have dang near stepped on them a couple of times. An instant jolt of adrenaline to the system to wake ya up!

Comment

Night Things!

Dang man, you had a gun!

You should come hunt the public land I do. No rifles or pistols allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Hahaha the mind is a dangerous thing!! That’s why we use thermals now. Nothing can magically or randomly sneak up on us
          Thermals are the best. Was sitting watching a feeder one night and a very small hot spot kept showing up. Turned out to be a mouse—at 80 yds! 😳r

Comment

My mind is once again blown. Love your posts PB but drugs are bad, mmmmmkay!

Comment

PB, you ain’t the first one to crap down both legs at a covey rise in the dark. It used to happen to me on a regular basis. Anatomy’s not my strong suit but your heart goes to your throat and your bowels try to escape your body ?

Comment

Working...
              X