Cool happenings at work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool happenings at work today

Had one of my operators and one of my riggers come into my office this morning and asked if I could give them a ride out to the tank farm to their crane. Locked the computer, closed the door and said come on.
    Got in my truck and drove to the tank farm. On our way out there, a little ways in front of us, a rabbit runs out in front of us then a second rabbit right on his heels and a 3rd rabbit right after him......the 4th rabbit that came out was dressed like a coyote and caught and killed the 3rd rabbit right there in the middle of the road in the glow of my headlights. It happened so quickly and unexpectedly that we didnt have time to take a good pic.... this was after the kill as the yote had breakfast in his jaws and was headed away from us.

Sorry for blurry pic at a distance but it's cool nonetheless

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's pretty neat

Comment

Oh heck yea! We have yotes at the plant too. But I’ve been waiting to see one of our many gators snatch a duck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching Mother Nature and the way it works is a blessing every time! COOL

Comment

Very cool

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched the same thing in a subdivision just north of Denver this summer...... but the rabbit was Fluffy the Pomeranian lol

Comment

[quote=K. Lane;14076896]Had one of my operators and one of my riggers come into my office this morning and asked if I could give them a ride out to the tank farm to their crane. Locked the computer, closed the door and said come on.
              Got in my truck and drove to the tank farm. On our way out there, a little ways in front of us, a rabbit runs out in front of us then a second rabbit right on his heels and a 3rd rabbit right after him......the 4th rabbit that came out was dressed like a coyote and caught and killed the 3rd rabbit right there in the middle of the road in the glow of my headlights. It happened so quickly and unexpectedly that we didnt have time to take a good pic.... this was after the kill as the yote had breakfast in his jaws and was headed away from us.

Sorry for blurry pic at a distance but it's cool nonetheless

Just shows, don't have to be faster than the coyote as long as you can outrun your buddies.....

Comment

Is this in Deer Park, we have a few around our plant and the rabbit population has gone down a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  Is this in Deer Park, we have a few around our plant and the rabbit population has gone down a lot lately.

no sir.....other side of the Hartman

Comment

Cool encounter. A Coyote doing Coyote stuff. Neat to see them at work.

Comment

Good to know said coyote is doing it’s job

Comment

Working...
                      X