Outdoor Edge customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As of right now I have no faith in their customer service department. I've reached out to them via Facebook and now email per their FaceBook response.

I have a SwingBlaze knife that will not hold an edge. Did not even make it through one deer. I wanted to know if I could send it back for them to inspect.

They replied with send us a picture of the knife. I did via FaceBook. They reply back and say email picture to email address. I did that.

No response back whatsoever.

Anybody have a bad experience with them?

No I had the lock blade break on one and called their customer service department and they just sent me a new one and told me to do whatever I wanted with the broken one.

I was happy...hope you get it worked out.

Comment

I usually have to sharpen my SwingBlaze after every animal as well. Just figured that's what you get with a $45 knife. I still like it and prefer it. Just take 5 minutes to touch it up between animals.

No experience with their customer service. Yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really really really hate phone calls, especially because I work nights... but in any kind of CS type situation you're always better off with a phone call. See post #2. It's SO nice when I can get things done over email, but it's rare.

Comment

The communication with this "Warranty" person was still horrible, but I got a new knife.

Comment

Switch to a Havalon and never look back. One blade is good for 2-3 deer then switch the blade.

Comment

I had a screw come out of my swing blade so the gutting part would just rotate all the way around. Sent them a email with a picture and had a new one in my mailbox within a week. I was pleased with my experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it is just Chinese garbage.....Havalons are OK but you get to cleaning elk and you will go through a bunch of blades.......

get 3-4 high quality knives and swap them when they get dull.

Comment

I bought one of their “pack” kits many years ago. Used it on one deer and was dull in no time. The metal was EXTREMELY soft. Unloaded it as soon as I could afterwards.

Comment

I bought the new Gerber knife with replaceable blades. Used it a few times and no issues.

The Vital Big Game Folder is the largest knife in the Vital series offering additional purchase for big game with Split Sec™ Tech. Learn more here.

I will not be buying any more OE knifes.

Comment

I've been totally pleased with the OE RB-20 Razor Knife. I'm usually able to skin 2 deer with one blade. Only able to skin one hog. That's about par to a couple of more expensive knives I've used before having to sharpen.
                      I prefer the convenience of just changing the the blade!

I'd be interested in knowing how good the OE Fillet is.
                      Any suggestions for a good fillet knife that holds a good edge?
                      Last edited by psicoo; 02-10-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I have not had any issues with this model.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          it is just Chinese garbage.....Havalons are OK but you get to cleaning elk and you will go through a bunch of blades.......

get 3-4 high quality knives and swap them when they get dull.
                          Second this. Outdoor edge is cheap and easy, but they are NOT good knives, especially if you'll be using them a lot. you could cut warm butter with one of their knives and have to touch it up afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Plainsman View Post
                            I have not had any issues with this model.

Neither have I.

Comment

I only have to sharpen by buck knife every couple of years. Usually field dress/skin/quarter 2-3 deer and multiple hogs per year.

Comment

Working...
                              X