SD card recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD card recovery

Had some excellent shots today out at the eagle lake but something was corrupt. Says the folder is empty but there is 7.4 GB used on the card. Anyone have good results with recovery software? Actually have one running now but it's not really free.

I found and tried a software that recovered the files but I did have to pay for it.

Comment

Bill I'm not at home and don't remember the name of the program I use but I've recovered stuff off cards even after they've been deleted and/or formatted. Send me an e-mail at ajferg@comcast.net and I'll get ya the name of the program I use.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew thanks for the offer but I got it recovered. Spent 3 1/2 hours on that lake shooting and did not want to loose the shots.

Comment

Is it possible that the SD card is damaged? Have you checked this? Unfortunately for recovery tools, the tools I know are paid for. But I will advise you to try to recover your photos using a reliable SD card recovery tool.

Comment

Mac or Windows?

I would start with the CMD command, but there are a few other options as well

1. Connect the corrupted SD card into a card reader and plug it to the USB port on your Windows 10 computer.
            2. Press Windows and type "This PC”. Look for your SD card under Devices and drives and take note of the drive letter assigned to it.
            3. Press Windows + R and type "cmd".
            4. At the Command Prompt window, type "chkdsk", followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card, then by a colon and /f. For example: chckdsk c:/f.
            5. Hit Enter and it will start checking your corrupted SD card for any corruption and will then fix it.Note: This process can take a while, depending on the size of the storage and the amount of corruption.
            6. Once the checking of your SD card is finished, it will prompt you to save lost chains. Click Yes and all repaired data files will be listed.
            7. Open your SD drive and see if the files have been recovered.

Is your SD card says “this folder is empty” error when trying to access its data? Just try out the fixes mentioned here to resolve this issue in no time.
            Last edited by Whiskey; 08-06-2019, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Recover and un-delete files with Recuva, the award-winning file recovery tool by the makers of CCleaner. Download the latest version today.

If you just are trying to recover pics

This works

Recuva

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys this thread is almost 4 years old and I have long since recovered the files.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  Guys this thread is almost 4 years old and I have long since recovered the files.
                  Good lord, and in Post #2 you explained that YOU FIGURED IT OUT.

Reading . . . how does it work?

Comment

Uhhh, have you recovered the files yet. Were they rat tail files or flat *******s ?

Comment

Working...
                    X