Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference between Mathews and Mission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a difference between Mathews and Mission?

A friend shopping for a new (strictly hunting) bow insists the cam technology is the same but price tag is different.

Thanks for helping me help him.

I believe Mission is owned by Mathews. I shoot a Mission Ballistic and love it! You're not gonna get a Mathews Triax or vertex, but for $700 I got a great fast shooting dual cam with a fall away rest, 3 inch stabilizer and quiver. I have shot many a deer and hog with her and for 5 years hasn't failed me once

Comment

My Mission Ballistic. I got the black model. But also comes in camo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
        I believe Mission is owned by Mathews. I shoot a Mission Ballistic and love it! You're not gonna get a Mathews Triax or vertex, but for $700 I got a great fast shooting dual cam with a fall away rest, 3 inch stabilizer and quiver. I have shot many a deer and hog with her and for 5 years hasn't failed me once
        Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your experience! I will pass it along.

How might the triax or vertex be better?... Regardless of price.

Comment

Matthews owns mission. I have a mission craze and love it. Really do t see why anyone would spend so much for a bow when the mission line is just as good! And for a more affordable price!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your experience! I will pass it along.

How might the triax or vertex be better?... Regardless of price.
            Not really sure to be honest with you. I'm sure it has to do with some fancy geometry the angle of the cams are or maybe even the material the bow is made of. Not knocking on people who own one, I just enjoy my Mission and it shoots everything dead.

Comment

The main thing is you will not be getting the newest technology that is on the current flagships. It would not make business sense to put the same technology into bows that they sell for half the price such as the cross centric cams with the switchweight mods. Why would anyone buy the new flagship if it was all the same. That being said, a mission bow will get the job done just the same as the new vertix will. If you shot them side by side you would easily be able to tell the difference, but that doesn’t mean the mission won’t kill animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just passed the thread link along to my friend.

Thank Yall for your input.

Comment

Trust me you can tell the difference in the bows . For example the vertix is so dead in the hand where the missions are not look at the IBO on the bows as well . The risers and limbs are also built differently.

Comment

The Missions are Mathews entry level line. They don't have all the new technology like Mathews. The cams are different on most of them. I shoot a Ballistic. It's very similar to a chill. Limb pockets are poly, basic string guide/stop (no roller), no dampener/harmonic stabilizer. Basic, no frills bows using older Mathews tech. Great options if you're on a budget.

Comment

I didnt think id ever spend $1k on a bow until i shot the Triax. Went to Cinnamon creek with a 5-700 budget. Shot a bunch of bows but kept going back to Triax. Im happy, and it will last me a while

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                        The Missions are Mathews entry level line. They don't have all the new technology like Mathews. The cams are different on most of them. I shoot a Ballistic. It's very similar to a chill. Limb pockets are poly, basic string guide/stop (no roller), no dampener/harmonic stabilizer. Basic, no frills bows using older Mathews tech. Great options if you're on a budget.
                        I stressed what you said without knowing what to say...except your first and last sentence.

Thank yall again. I believe all Yall helped tremendously.

Comment

Working...
                        X