rant about out of control local government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chef View Post
    Reach out to a local VFD that is in the county. They would love the positive publicity and no health inspection in the county (unless a state rep shows up).
    Good idea ^^

Comment

I agree about looking into the Cottage laws. Also, as an option, I thought there was a way around this if you give free samples of salsa, but accept donations. It is important that they are donations, and not sales.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
        I agree about looking into the Cottage laws. Also, as an option, I thought there was a way around this if you give free samples of salsa, but accept donations. It is important that they are donations, and not sales.

I was told if the salsa was available to the public, licenses were required. It wasn’t even a matter of selling or giving away.

We’re still going to have it, were just doing it at our house this year.

Comment

Just call it a picnic

Comment

If you do it on private property, can they intervene then? I don't think so right? Someone might have big piece of property for yall to continue your event.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              i would put it on at the original venue and call some news channel to cover the gestapo coming in and busting it up; i'd be willing to bet they wouldn't mess with your event.
              My thoughts exactly. She is being ridiculous and will run scared if they shove a microphone and camera in her face. The amount of govt overreach is completely out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                they sure did, but it doesn't go into effect until September 1st. So in basically, they're wasting time enforcing a lame duck regulation.

welcome to Corpus Christi, where the log rolling never slows down.
                Is she an elected official? Take up a collection and run a targeted Facebook ad about her shutting down an event that fights cancer. No one gets elected that’s pro cancer.

Comment

Yep, what Encinal said. Nobody likes a pro cancer person! Call it a pot luck neighborhood picnic. Give away bbq or salsa or broccoli and tell her to pound sand. I’d be inclined to let her come and fine me if she wanted and I would fight it in the court of public opinion as much as possible.

Comment

And how many taco trucks are running up and down the roads with no state health documents.

Comment

My Opinion: Continue the event as planned and make it WELL KNOWN that said person(s) are threatening the event. YOU WILL RECEIVE THE LARGEST TURNOUT TO DATE IN SUPPORT OF YOU AND YOUR CAUSE. I guarantee!

Please do not cave and alter your original plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

Is she an elected official? Take up a collection and run a targeted Facebook ad about her shutting down an event that fights cancer. No one gets elected that’s pro cancer.
                        ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                          And how many taco trucks are running up and down the roads with no state health documents.
                          Everyone just relax, take a deep breath...lets not get carried away here

Comment

Years ago my company had a party/fish fry. This was in Houston. A new intern tried to help and somehow we ended up needing some type of bs permit. To get it, we had to put exit signs inside of an open sided tent/canopy. This was all on private property. Ridiculous

Comment

if you are not selling the salsa then they can go fly a kite.

Get a local restaurant to help you prepare the sandwiches and then you could still sell them with the proper holding (temp) equipment, they would probably love the publicity as well.

Have them send you the code that you would be violating so that you can address it specifically with their superior.

Good Luck with the event!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

no, the health department is all employee ran. ultimately, it's managed by the city manager, who's hired by the city council though.

it's a typical problem I see with the city going after the easy victories. Homeless camps under over passes can wait for another day... we need to make sure charity events have the proper licensing.

Up until I got the understanding that all the people entering the event would potentially be cited, I was willing to wear a citation from the city like a badge of honor. I am not going to put people from the community in that situation though.
                                Last edited by kyle1974; 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X