X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that’s scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      1. He's not familiar enough with where he's at to to run that fast.

2. He keeps letting go of the wheel and looking off to the side.

3. He's too busy looking at the idiot screen to watch where he's going.

4. He panics and takes a bunch of throttle out of it at the same time he turned, on pad, at speed, trimmed up.

The water looks fine to run 62 on if you know where you are and are in control of your boat. You can get a lot of feedback through the steering with that little boat in the water and you need to have both hands on the wheel actually hanging on.

If that boat is as old as it looks, it's likely not rated for a 250. It's definitely not designed to have that kind of steering input at that speed.

He's an idiot.
      Not arguing that, odds are you are right. I usually assume everyone is an Idiot until they prove otherwise.

Comment

so often we forget.

Comment

I have a small jon with a small outboard. It hauls tail with just me in it, sitting at the back my hand on it. 1970 Johnson Seahorse. Plan to rig a switch this summer. Going to be easy to do. Just a good idea no matter what, especially solo fishing.

Comment

Why is it that I ALWAYS remember to wear my kill switch, but ALWAYS forget to take it off???

Comment

Wow I never wore mine when I had my boat. Very thankful this never happened.

Comment

Dumb games = Dumb prizes!

Comment

Going to bump this thread back up for those in the other thread that think wearing a kill switch isn’t necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                    Going to bump this thread back up for those in the other thread that think wearing a kill switch isn’t necessary.
                    If you are referring to the other thread about the new kill switch law? In all fairness most of them didn't say they were against wearing the kill switch, they just didn't want a law that made it easier to be prosecuted if their boat got away from them and killed someone. Something about a Nanny state and just because they had a couple of beers in them shouldn't mean they have to defend themselves in court. I know, it's very confusing.

Comment

Maybe we should pass a law.. Max boat speed should be 35 mph Even if it saves just one life

Comment

Crazy

Comment

I think wearing a kill switch can do nothing but save a few lives. Guys that work for me will either wear it or find a different job. I have a clip on my belt I snap it to. Take mine on and off at least 25 times a day. I really have no idea why someone would not wear a kill switch

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            I think wearing a kill switch can do nothing but save a few lives. Guys that work for me will either wear it or find a different job. I have a clip on my belt I snap it to. Take mine on and off at least 25 times a day. I really have no idea why someone would not wear a kill switch
                            Or a PFD while underway. It's mindbogglingly

Comment

I have gone to a waistband PFD because I spend so much time in one the Mustang horseshoe was making a calus on the back of my neck and causing ingrown hairs

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Its required by law to wear it while running down the lake.... I found this out from the GW on Travis.
                                Jeff Young

Comment

Working...
                                X