Dslr help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dslr help

I wanting to buy a new dslr and was wandering which ones yall are using. I'll be using it for Deer pics, family pics, videoing the hunt, and night time pics of LDPS. I would like if the cam had SD cards. Canon eos mark III or Nikon 810. What lens size would u use for bowhunting.

Both of those are pro full frame DSLRs, so either one would do anything you need it to do. Just know the cheaper lens will not work with those bodies.

Comment

I have a 70-200 f2.8 on my canon 6d also have a 2x extender in case I need more reach.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

What kind of budget are you playing with? That will help us a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
            What kind of budget are you playing with? That will help us a lot
            I can get the D810 with one extra lense
            So what are some recommendations on lense for shooting from 30yrds to 150 yards. I'm a newbie so I don't know if there is one lense that can cover that broad distance

Comment

The glass is where you will spend your money

Comment

Dslr help

Based on your description of duties, if you think you might like to keep it simple, take a look at the upper end Fujifilm FinePix cameras. Some have big zoom lenses in a small package. I think one is 24-1000mm. Search for threads in photography by Cottonwood. He's taken some great pics with his. See post #91 in the Photographic Profiles (sticky) thread for a link to his Flickr pictures.
                Last edited by Snakelover; 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Will do snakelover
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                    I wanting to buy a new dslr and was wandering which ones yall are using. I'll be using it for Deer pics, family pics, videoing the hunt, and night time pics of LDP[s]. I would like if the cam had SD cards. Canon eos mark III or Nikon 810. What lens size would u use for bowhunting.
                    Have you used TBH's search function? I would recommend it. Your question has been asked and answered many times.

As I said to someone who asked nearly this exact question 3 days ago: both of those cameras will get the job done. There was good information about lenses in that thread, too.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                      Will do snakelover
                      Thanks
                      The FinePix is not a DSLR and doesn't have interchangeable lenses. It won't take Canon or Nikon DSLR quality photos necessarily. But it's definitely not just a point-n-shoot either and takes pretty impressive photos for something so compact, light and simple. I'm not trying to talk you out of a DSLR, just thought it might be something you might want to also look at. Just to consider all your options.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnv9pRUJrU"]Fuji HS20 Vs. DSLR Shootout - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thx again snakelover
                        Mom is bringing over her dslr this weekend and is going to let me play with it for awhile. If I'm not feelin it I'll definetley take a look at something else.

Comment

Working...
                        X