Kenko extension tube ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenko extension tube ?

I know there a some that use these. For Canon BTW. I have tried them on both my Tam 17-50, 2.8 and my Sigma 50-150, 2.8 and they will not focus at all. I even tried manual focus with them and at various distances. Anyone else run into this? I'm a bit disappointed in this and wonder if it's the brand of lens I'm trying them on. Thanks for any input.

How close are you trying them at? Depending on the length of your extension tube you may have to be mere inches away from your subject.

Comment

I was, that's what has me baffled.

Comment

What tube length are you running? I'd try using 17mm at F22 starting at 1" and moving in 1" increments to 12" to see if you can find focus. Remember, your DoF at these distances is going to be in millimeters so try using a subject that is mostly flat.

Comment

I know some brands of lenses (older Sigmas for example) have had problems communicating with some of the Canon digital cameras. It must be some kind of a problem like that, but I wouldn't know how to fix it. Maybe you could try switching out known working components until you can narrow down what's causing this issue.

Comment

I read some more on these yesterday. Nothing wrong with the tubes. Lenses aren't the best suited for their use. I was able to get the 12mm to focus on an object but I was probably a 1/4" away from the object. I was going to return them but I think I'm going to keep them and possibly add anther lens or use with my long lens.

Comment

Working...
            X