Did I miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss?

I had a buck come out at 35 yards broadside, I took the shot and it sounded like a hit, and the buck reacted like a hit. This was until he ran 30 yards back into the woods and then stopped for about 2 minutes then came back out into the field about 90 yards from me. I could see a 4 inch or so line of hair missing right behind the shoulder but no blood or arrow to be found. He jumped the fence and ran into the woods. Any help is appreciated?

Doesn’t sound like it. Maybe he didn’t start bleeding immediately. How far did you track him, look for blood?

Comment

Give him 30-60 minutes first.
      Go find your arrow.
      Then I’d go look where he jumped the fence for blood.

Comment

Could have been like one of mine from a few years back.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Give him 30-60 minutes first.
          Go find your arrow.
          Then I’d go look where he jumped the fence for blood.
          This right here

Comment

It’s been a little over an hour since you posted.
            What took place?

Did you find the arrow from when he went into the woods the first time?

Comment

Shot over/under him and arrow sticking in bush/tree?

Never had one come right back for more after being shot but have heard of some stranger things so would not surprise me

Comment

Good luck. In for an update

Comment

It’s possible the deer ducked and turned when you shot causing the arrow to graze him leaving the mark on him.

Waiting for an update.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Me and a buddy searched for 3 hours last night, never found the arrow and no blood. There are no trees in the direction i shot just an open field so the arrow shouldn't have been this hard to find. Going back out this afternoon in the daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartpop View Post
                      Me and a buddy searched for 3 hours last night, never found the arrow and no blood. There are no trees in the direction i shot just an open field so the arrow shouldn't have been this hard to find. Going back out this afternoon in the daylight.

I’ve missed a target in the pasture before and had the arrow bury itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        It’s possible the deer ducked and turned when you shot causing the arrow to graze him leaving the mark on him.

Waiting for an update.

Sierracharlie out…
                        This was my first thought. They can pull some ninja moves so fast that in the process of shooting your bow it's impossible to see.

Every shot it seems is unique. I've shot does at 15 yards that turned and dropped so fast that the arrow went in right in front of their hip. Two I can remember well at the same tripod. Arrow entered in front of their hip even though I was aiming right behind the shoulder. Both died within 70/80 yards because I got the off lung and the diaphragm. Nothing is impossible when bowhunting !

Comment

Well?

Comment

If he came back into field then it was either a miss or a very minor , non lethal hit.

Comment

hope you get another shot at him!

Comment

Working...
                              X