No announcement yet.

DIY water well drilling rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good project, definitely following because I want to build one too. I called a company out near Gilmer to get an estimate to have a well drilled, they came out and surveyed and said they would drill about 1800ft and it would cost between $50000 to $65000. First thing I thought was, "I'm needing water not oil or gas." Although I would take that too, lol.

Comment

Of that's the case I'm in the wrong business... That's robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
        Of that's the case I'm in the wrong business... That's robbery
        That's what I said. I did a little research and found a company in east Texas that makes the big mobile drilling units and I think their top of the line was only $20000 to $22000.

Comment

The 1800 ft is the big part of the $50k.... you have to have a pretty good size rig to drill that deep. Here they want between $18-22 per foot. At $18 that’s $32k just to drill it and then screens are $100 each and then casing and all pipe and wire for the pump. Hell a pump that pump 1800' is probably pretty expensive.

I'll be happy to hit 300' with this little rig. You’re talking about a totally different ball game at 1800'

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
            The 1800 ft is the big part of the $50k.... you have to have a pretty good size rig to drill that deep. Here they want between $18-22 per foot. At $18 that’s $32k just to drill it and then screens are $100 each and then casing and all pipe and wire for the pump. Hell a pump that pump 1800' is probably pretty expensive.

I'll be happy to hit 300' with this little rig. You’re talking about a totally different ball game at 1800'
            I can understand that reasoning more than theirs (they wouldn't give one). But doesn't 1800ft seem a little deep, more than usual?

Another thing they said was when they came out and surveyed everything was that a lot of the neighbors had what is called a "curb well." What is a curb well?

Comment

Yes 1800' is really really deep around here the deepest is around 400' and most around 200'. It all depends your area. I would talk with some neighbors and see what there wells are. Have you tried to call other companies and see what they quote you.

Have never heard of a "Curb Well"

Comment

This was a while back, but you have peeked my interest again and I will start calling again. Thanks for all the info.

Comment

wow

Comment

Wondering if you guys ever finished this rig, and if so how did it work out?

I have a few other questions. When you get a minute, would you send me an email?

Thanks
                    Bryant
                    bdavis @ vvm.com

Comment

I'll let y'all do the maiden voyage drill on my new place (if I actually buy it) in Peaster next month!

Comment

Originally posted by LEGION View Post
                        This was a while back, but you have peeked my interest again and I will start calling again. Thanks for all the info.
                        You can access the Texas well drillers log online and find your area. Then look at all the wells around you to see how deep they are. It will tell you the screen size and depth of everyone's well in the area. This is what I use when I drill a well.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw38 View Post
                          You can access the Texas well drillers log online and find your area. Then look at all the wells around you to see how deep they are. It will tell you the screen size and depth of everyone's well in the area. This is what I use when I drill a well.
                          Asuming all the wells were registered with the state. Pretty sure there are a lot of wells the state doesn't know about drilled by little homemade rigs like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LEGION View Post
                            Good project, definitely following because I want to build one too. I called a company out near Gilmer to get an estimate to have a well drilled, they came out and surveyed and said they would drill about 1800ft and it would cost between $50000 to $65000. First thing I thought was, "I'm needing water not oil or gas." Although I would take that too, lol.
                            C. Miller ???

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              Yes 1800' is really really deep around here the deepest is around 400' and most around 200'. It all depends your area. I would talk with some neighbors and see what there wells are. Have you tried to call other companies and see what they quote you.

Have never heard of a "Curb Well"
                              Curb Well; hand dug well with concrete drain piping for wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                C. Miller ???
                                Not too sure. Been a while now and memory is not that great, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X