Rookie seeking info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie seeking info

I've asked a lot about the Laguna Atascosa hunts. I understand there are no motorized vehicles allowed on the refuge. What is the deal on retrieving your downed game? Quartering them up and packing them out? Wagon or cart? Or does staff assist. I don't want to bag a nilgai and not be prepared to handle the situation and I dang sure do not want to waste anything due to lack of planning on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say bring a game cart to be safe. It sounds like there’s a possibility of staff assistance but don’t rely on it. My game plan for nilgai is I’m only killing a bull if I get the chance and I’ll be dedicating the rest of the day to pulling every bit of him out via gamecart that day. I imagine having to haul a nilgai out on a game cart a couple of miles will take more than a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      I’d say bring a game cart to be safe. It sounds like there’s a possibility of staff assistance but don’t rely on it. My game plan for nilgai is I’m only killing a bull if I get the chance and I’ll be dedicating the rest of the day to pulling every bit of him out via gamecart that day. I imagine having to haul a nilgai out on a game cart a couple of miles will take more than a little while.

See that's what I'm figuring as well so I wonder how that works if someone gets one later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Duck View Post
        See that's what I'm figuring as well so I wonder how that works if someone gets one later in the day.

Better bring a really big game cart [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Better bring a really big game cart [emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

That's just one reason why it's always good to be nice to the folks who are in charge.

Comment

They have a freezer on site you can put it in if you get one late in the day. There's gonna be a lot of tbhers there this year to help from what I see

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats why we have 6 guys in my group!!!!! Help pack out!!!! We will be there nov 30 to dec 4

Comment

Quarter it up, ask for help and haul it out. Def take a cart with you. The refuge may come load it for you but most likely won’t. Prepare to do lots of work if you kill one

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                    Thats why we have 6 guys in my group!!!!! Help pack out!!!! We will be there nov 30 to dec 4

Awesome that's my dates as well! Hahaha I have one in my group and now by your statement I should've chosen more wisely [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      So what your saying is he should have put his brothers name in for the drawing?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        So what your saying is he should have put his brothers name in for the drawing?

Lol no my brother would be a no show cuz he's scared little brother would out perform him. #stayontheothersideofthepondbigbrother

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Duck View Post
                          Lol no my brother would be a no show cuz he's scared little brother would out perform him. #stayontheothersideofthepondbigbrother

Naw, I'm sure he's going to be excited for you when you out perform him for the first time #oneofthesedayslittleguy

Comment

Working...
                          X