No announcement yet.

Hunting from truck instead of blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't have any of them scendero things in East Texas, but we have lots of truck hunters.

Comment

Not legal in North Carolina.

motor vehicles—at no time may any wild animals or birds be taken with the aid of a motor vehicle while the passenger area is occupied or while the vehicle engine is running

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        We don't have any of them scendero things in East Texas, but we have lots of truck hunters.
        Yeah, we got em in Wilson county.

Comment

That is one of my favorite ways in Mexico. Corn sendero and play the wind right. Always see lots of deer.

Comment

Does at night with a light count?

Comment

Lol

Comment

Numerous senderos where we hunt. Being in the truck and watching is not a problem. Getting out of the truck and positioned for the shot is.

Comment

[ATTACH]888714[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Biggest deer I’ve taken was out of my truck. Wind was wrong for the blind and I wanted to listen to the Cowboys game so hunted from the truck. Worked out good.

Ironically my buddy hunted that blind for three consecutive days prior not taking my advice of brushing in opposite of blind since wind was wrong. He had missed this deer earlier in the season and was dead set on getting him. He finally gave up and went after a mule deer being rifle season had just opened. I drove to the spot, tucked my truck behind some brush and shot the deer the first time I sat there.

Comment

Never out of the truck, but done it alot out of our mule. Get set up in the brush, open the hood to give some movement and relax with a cold beverage. Killed quite a few deer and pigs this way.

Comment

I killed a buck last year out of a Cadillac Escalade (the unit) at 540 yards with a Sako 7mm LR and a Trijicon scope.

I was sitting in the passenger seat, the buck walked out into the sendero and I was handed the rifle and bag. Set up and fired one round under him, was instructed to give it two clicks and fired another round into his shoulder.

It was all equipment!

I had not ever shot that rifle or killed a buck with a rifle in 20 years! I ain’t that good!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          [ATTACH]888714[/ATTACH]
                          that thing just needs the spotlights mounted like the cops have.

Comment

I've been hunting from my SUV for the last six years because of back and leg problems that makes it difficult for me to walk very far.
                            I've taken deer every year and the deer will walk within ten yards of the vehicle and then go on their way either turning around or crossing within easy bow range of a crossbow or rifle.
                            I've taken three deer with the crossbow.
                            During rainy days I'll prop up an umbrella over the drivers side window and stay dry and warm.
                            Best way to hunt without having to get out in the weather and allows you to take a snooze just before daylight with the seat reclined.
                            Blinds, and walking several hundred yards to not scare the deer is overrated.
                            Last edited by Jimbo47; 12-20-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

It depends a lot on whether they're used to seeing vehicles or not. People live on the ranch my land is a part of and there are trucks driving through the main road all the time. I took my buddy a couple weeks ago, and i was sitting in the truck and could see him in the tripod looking 100 or so yards away. I had like 20 does walk right in front of me (could've hit them with a rock) and he saw nothing at the feeder.

Comment

On some places, animals get used to noise and activity around vehicles. Got invited to a friend of a friends place a few years back to do a hog hunt in exchange for a work day. Worked around the place most of the day...when we were loading up the truck, talking and throwing t post driver / tools / coolers / etc in the bed, and generally making a racket, a big sounder of hogs came walking along a draw about 75yds away to a feeder the guy had set there, carefree as can be. We uncased the rifles, and started shooting.
                                But like the one guy noted above, on another place I used to lease, if you wanted to see anything, you hiked back to the blinds all the way from camp at the front of the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X