Hunting from truck instead of blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting from truck instead of blind

Does anybody here hunt a scendero from a stationary truck instead of a blind?

Will the deer spook?

I'very had them come out in a pipeline and stop to check it out. Gotta be ready.

Comment

Never know until you try! I have 2 leases, and on one I can drive to feeders, hand corn and then pull past blind and see a lot of deer, and at the other one, I have to park at gate and then walk in 600 yards to get to blind if I want to see any deer at all.

Comment

I used to do it all the time. I'm not a extreme cold weather hunter. On days like this I prefer to feed the roads and just hunt from the truck. Deer never seemed to care. But I use my truck to feed too. Deer on the lease I'm on now are a little more spooky but their starting to get used to my truck a little better.

Comment

I have in the past and have had good luck, but I prefer a blind as it is easier to shoot from IMO.

Comment

A couple of times

Comment

Absolute best rest I ever had was off the side mirror of my dad's old Chevy while sitting in the passenger seat. From 8 years old to about 12 I could outshoot anybody in Texas with that rest setup, then I grew a little too big and had to hunch over and it stopped working so good. There's some wary big bucks out there, but I recall my step-mom not wanting to leave the truck on a cold rainy morning and she shot one of the bigger bucks taken on 6000 acre lease in Zavala county that year. He came out and ate corn 75 yards from the truck and she woke up from a nap and blasted him. Not exactly a sporty hunt, but whatever lol.
              Last edited by justletmein; 12-20-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

How in the world do you draw your bow back?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  How in the world do you draw your bow back?

You take the van

Comment

Got it! Just swing both back doors open and let em fly. I am gonna build me a truck bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      Got it! Just swing both back doors open and let em fly. I am gonna build me a truck bow.
                      Air Bow!!

Comment

Not from my truck, but I have done the same from my 4 wheeler and from my Ranger. In fact, there's a buck on my wall that was killed using this method.

Comment

I hunted with my uncle when I was younger from a truck in an open field. Truck running and heater on. We saw several deer that morning.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

During the rut i prefer to hunt out of the truck. I like feeding long senderos and looking from a far at the deer. If i see one we want to shoot, we get the shooting sticks and pursue on foot.
                            Also, ford super duty mirrors are almost like a lead sled.

Comment

Best deer stand I ever had was a combine left it in th field for opening day of Missouri deer season

Comment

Working...
                              X