No announcement yet.

300 BLK Optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Leupold 2-7 windplex with the CDS dial. Need to get the drop one for it at some point

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
      Eotech has some options with 300BLK drop compensations built in. Should be noted that if you have an astigmatism the red dot/holographic sights will not look sharp and adding a magnifier will only make it worse.
      My friend has that on his rig, just not sure if Ivan justify spending the coin (I know I shouldn't, but I want to)

Comment

I like Vortex; I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 on mine. Just ordered a Primary 1-8x24 with the ACSS as well, should be coming in soon. I have heard it is the exact same scope as the Vortex, other than getting used to the ACSS reticle.. I intend to do my own comparison.

Comment

The ACSS reticle has too much going on for my liking. I would love the Eotech, but like I said it's a little pricey for me. Looking for a red dot with a circle (for drop reference). I'll rarely shoot this gun past 100 yards.

Comment

What is your budget, Patton?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              What is your budget, Patton?
              Would like to stay around $400 or under. I'm pretty set on the Vortex Magnifier/red dot combo; I just need to choose a red dot.

Comment

I was gonna hang one of the illuminated vortex 4x24s or something till I located a Nikon p300 1.5x42 for the same money.

I can also say the nikon has been the first scope Ive EVER had to send in for warranty work. Windage turret stopped 'clicking' but never lost zero. I really liked the 1.5 when a sounder of pigs got within 20 yards after the shooting started.

Comment

Why not just go with the vortex red dot, if your set on the vortex magnifier. I'm happy with my strike fire. You could put a sparc in front of it, that would look legit.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                    Why not just go with the vortex red dot, if your set on the vortex magnifier. I'm happy with my strike fire. You could put a sparc in front of it, that would look legit.
                    I'm considering that but trying to find a quality & affordable optic that has a reticle other than a single dot. Two 1 MOA dots, crosshair, 65 MOA circle and dot--- something with two reference points for holdover and switching between supers and subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      I'm considering that but trying to find a quality & affordable optic that has a reticle other than a single dot. Two 1 MOA dots, crosshair, 65 MOA circle and dot--- something with two reference points for holdover and switching between supers and subs.
                      I haven't seen much as far as red dots with more than a dot. Eotech for sure, but I would buy the matching magnifier and that's a pretty penny. Maybe holosun, possibly some other cheaper brands. But for the size and weight of that whole set up, you will Get better performance with a 1-6 or 1-8 power scope. And that increases your reticle options vastly.

Comment

I think I have made my decision to go with the Vortex VMX3-T Magnifier and Eotech EXPS2-2. Plenty of reviews and videos show the two to be compatible.

From what I have read, the EXPS2-2 has the exact same reticle as the Model 300 Blackout. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank y'all for all the advice.

Comment

You're gonna be pretty hard pressed to get an Eotech EXPS and Vortex magnifier for under $400.00.

You could however go with a Holosun red dot with ACSS reticle as it has the ability to compensate for drops with a .300BLK and combo that with the magnifier and get you what you're looking for right in that $400 range.

OPTIC LINK: HOLOSUN PARALOW
                          DetailsExclusive to PrimaryArms.com and Primary Arms authorized dealers.Primary Arms and Holosun have combined forces to bring you the power of the patent pending ACSSĀ® CQB reticle in a red dot sight for the first time! The problem with dot sights is that a large dot is great up close but less useful at distances beyond 100 yards, because the dot becomes too large to aim with precision. A small dot used in conjunction with a magnifier fixes that problem, but is slower to acquire in close range snap shooting. The ACSS reticle uses a large chevron that the eye picks up very easily for up close shooting. At longer distances, the tip of the chevron is an infinitely small aiming point perfect for taking precise shots. Using "zero" ranges of 25, 50, or 100 yards, the ACSS BDC is compatible with the following calibers:5.56 NATO / 5.45x39 from 100 to 600 yards300 BLK / 7.62x39 from 50 to 450 yards12 gauge 1 oz. slug from 25 to 150 yards7.62x54R from 100 to 600 yards7.62 NATO / .308 Win from 100 to 600 yards300 BLK 220 gr subsonic from 50 to 150 yards.22LR 40 gr from 50 to 175 yards9mm carbine 115gr from 25 to 200 yardsThe ACSS features three BDC dots underneath the chevron, allowing an unprecedented 600 yards of bullet drop compensation in 7.62 NATO or 5.56 NATO calibers. Auto ranging and wind leads are also incorporated into this smart reticle. A CQB horseshoe grabs the eye instantly for close quarters shooting and also approximates the spread pattern of 00 buckshot at 25 yards. The reticle for this sight is a central 2 MOA dot, centered in a 65 MOA circle with four positioning points. The diameter of the circle reticle represents approximately 5'5" at 100 yards 170cm at 100m.The HS503G is a proven micro dot sight with an auto-on function that switches on the power with a slight movement of the sight. It comes with a 1913 Picatinny base which is removable, revealing an Aimpoint Micro-compatible base underneath. It also comes with the lower 1/3rd co-witness riser mount shown in the photos.See More

I will say this though, if it's between Eotech and any foreign made red dot other than a Vortex I would always choose the Eotech. So if you can spend the extra money on the Eotech go that route.
                          Vortex is the exception to that rule IMO currently with their exceptional track record, QC, and warranty, but you're gonna pay more for the Eotech obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            I think I have made my decision to go with the Vortex VMX3-T Magnifier and Eotech EXPS2-2. Plenty of reviews and videos show the two to be compatible.

From what I have read, the EXPS2-2 has the exact same reticle as the Model 300 Blackout. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank y'all for all the advice.
                            Looks like the reticles are the same on those two models. But they might be slightly different. Info is hard to find. The exps3-4 would give you even more options for aiming points, as most "calibrated" reticles are bologna anyway. My OCD is screaming just buy the eotech magnifier too, I couldn't have the mismatched optics on my gun.

Comment

I've already come to face the fact that I'll be spending more than $400 on the optics. And I would much rather have the Eotech Magnifier matched with the Eotech sight; it's just not in the budget right now.

However that will give me a good enough reason to build another gun (hopefully soon) and match up optics at that point. I need to make a few more sales before then

Thanks again. I'm going pick up my Lower today (Spike's Punisher) and all other parts are supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow (besides the Eotech and Sling- haven't ordered yet).

Comment

Working...
                              X