Lease Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Warning

Warning to all, a couple of us just got off a HOG LEASE in San Fe Texas that borders Halls Bayou. This was the biggest rip off ever. The place has a good amount of Hog but is very unmanaged. Was on for two year and never changed. The lease manger said each year we have a meeting to meet all members and never happen, said we have a map of everyone’s stands and never saw one. Several of the guys have had feeders stolen as well as game cams. The guy actually though that one of the guys feeder was set up by a poacher and had some one remove it. That was the last straw. I called him and he said that he forgot that it was the guy’s Do not want to give any names but it was Bow only place and runs along Halls Bayou. I found the lease through this site so he might be posting soon for new members.

I was gonna get on that one.

Glad I didnt, now!
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I am a member of the lease you are talking about and I have never had any problems on the lease, but then again I do follow all the rules to a "T". The rancher both the rancher and lease manager are very busy indviduals. I'm sorry you had problems with the lease. You stated it was a big rip off....did you not see pigs, did you not kill pigs?? I have seen pigs almost every time I have sit on my stand. I have had the chance to kill pigs everytime I have seen them. If any one would liek to know the FACTS about this lease contact me at Gary.Troxlar@Lyondell.com.

Comment

Pigs

I never said that I did not see pigs or kill any. I said that it was unorganized. If the lease manager is to busy he need to get a new one.

Redfish Bob

Comment

There is a new lease manager.

Comment

kiljoy

I regret having to be a killjoy on this one gus but here it goes. I was previoulsy a member on this Santa Fe lease. It was a great lease in terms of wild pig population. The first year I joined, the lease manager told us that he would get a meeting together of all the people who hunted there, like a meet and greet type of accasion. That never happened but was ok for the first year. The second year I renewed came along with the same promising meet and greet session to discuss the locations of already inplace stands and the possibilities of future areas that individuals would set up at. There obveioulsy was a miscommunication with the lease manager and another leasee, because on the occasion I can get away, I went hog hunting. I arrived at my stand to find out the well constructed feeder I had build was missing. A quick phone call later we had determined that a leasee had been rummaging around and stumbled upon this well hidden area. He decided to tell the leasor that he had infact declared it as a poachers stand and would remove it free of charge. A simple meet and greet session like the manager and leasor prommised would of cleared all of the miss communication problems between stand locations, and resulted in a happy hunter. The thought of a poacher setting up a tree stand and feeder is irrational to me. I did remove the rest of my belongings from the stand that day as well as go and pick up my feeder from the irrational fellow who deemed it as a poachers feeder. I will not be renewing due to a purchase my father made in that area along the halls bayou area. If there are any questions you can contact me at tylerfixit@yahoo.com

Comment

Oh lord, I'm from that area. Boys we better break out the snack bar!!!

Seriously is this the lease north of the bayou or south? There is somebody shooting off guns at all times of the night keeping my folks up. Just wondering if this is the same bunch or not.

Comment

Working...
              X