Outfitter to stay away from!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanner.crim View Post
    We took all of our stuff off after being told we couldn't. We only stayed and continued to hunt the place after everythig that was going on because we already had so much time and money invested that we atleast wanted to put some meat in the freezer.

I did talk to multiple lawyers that are good family friends and each one of them said that it would be a hard case to win and maybe even more money spent. No one could tell us yes we will get you some money back so we decided to just cut our losses and walk away from it. Very difficult lesson learned no doubt and I never thought it would happen to me cause I ask all the right questions when getting a lease but this one got me and a few others really good.

Sad part is that the land owner is roger Hoyt jr the vp of ducks unlimited lol the biggest conservation and game management orginazation in the Uniates states and he is letting his 4500 acre ranch be run by a trigger happy moron and doesn't care at all about it.
    why not write him a letter and see what he can do about it. If nothing less he can fire the jerk that did this to yall

Comment

wow, that's why im always so skeptical of everyone. sad to say you cant trust a lot of people these days

Comment

We talked to roger Hoyt jr and senior one afternoon to let them know what was going on and senior was ****** but junior said pat would never do a thing like that. Video and pictures for proof and nothing.

Comment

Nope I figured I would just stick to ole TBH when I'm looking for a spot avaliable on a lease from now on.

Comment

We took all of our stuff off after being told we couldn't. We only stayed and continued to hunt the place after everythig that was going on because we already had so much time and money invested that we atleast wanted to put some meat in the freezer.

I did talk to multiple lawyers that are good family friends and each one of them said that it would be a hard case to win and maybe even more money spent. No one could tell us yes we will get you some money back so we decided to just cut our losses and walk away from it. Very difficult lesson learned no doubt and I never thought it would happen to me cause I ask all the right questions when getting a lease but this one got me and a few others really good.

Sad part is that the land owner is roger Hoyt jr the vp of ducks unlimited lol the biggest conservation and game management orginazation in the Uniates states and he is letting his 4500 acre ranch be run by a trigger happy moron and doesn't care at all about it.
            There ya go! Send them a well written and detailed email. Get someone to proof read it. Roger Hoyt wont put up with that crap. Get everyone you know on the lease to sign it.

Comment

We talked to roger Hoyt jr and senior one afternoon to let them know what was going on and senior was ****** but junior said pat would never do a thing like that. Video and pictures for proof and nothing.
              thats a bummer man. Im sorry to hear that.

Comment

Don't know the ranchers and don't want to unfairly malign them, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen that dad didn't know what the son was up to. Just sayin'.

Comment

Get ur stuff off now. Screw him. Then trash any feeders or stands that belong to him. Make sure no camera is around watching u.

Comment

Sorry to hear what you went through. I've had some similar experiences. What I learned was to always have a contract with the terms in detail. Wish we were in the days of "handshakes", but it's not enough. Fair contracts make good business like fences make good neighbors.

Comment

Man that sucks! Wouldn't know what to do if that happened to me. I'm very particular who I get into a lease with. I only lease a piece of land that I have full access to with nobody else but my buddies hunting it. I won't get into a club type situation with poele I don't know hunting it.

Comment

That sucks!

Comment

You should have known something was up when he "promised you at least a 170". No decent outfitter will promise you any kill, unless its pen hunting.
                          I would have took my stuff off the place when he said you were kicked off. But sense you didn't your kinda just screwed on the deal. I think the lawyers you talked to are correct. If you can't get something from the true land owner (doubtful) then you're basically out of reasonable options.
                          Good luck to ya though!

Comment

gotta get a paper contract because apparently a verbal agreement don't mean squat anymore!!!

Comment

Your a better man then I am. I don't think I could have walked away without putting a knot on his head and a boot up his @$$. What comes around goes around. they say Karma is a Bit@h. He will get whats coming to him. Sounds like this Skunk has no respect for ethical hunters or wildlife. Sorry you had to go thru that BS

Comment

Sorry that happened to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X