Dishwasher Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dishwasher Help

My Samsung dishwasher quit powering on and I can’t seem to find the issue. I’ve confirmed power from the outlets to the dishwasher and replaced the door latch. At this point I think it’s either the thermal fuse or motherboard. I want to replace the thermal fuse since it is a cheap fix and if it isn’t that, I guess I’ll just go buy another dang dishwasher.

Where in the world is the thermal fuse on this dang thing? I’ve taken them door cover off and can’t find it anywhere. Only place I haven’t looked is underneath!

Model is a dw80f600u

Not sure. But my guess would be by the make up box. You will more then likely have to pull at the dishwasher.

Comment

youtube is your friend............ask the question and look it up. I have fixed all my appliances by looking it up. Everyone who owns a newish appliance has it fail in under 2 years. Samdung is the worst of all

Comment

Thermal fuse SHOULD be in the control panel......as far as i know its in relatively the same general location on most dishwashers

Comment

Lol. I thought the thread was about your wife

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Webb View Post
            youtube is your friend............ask the question and look it up. I have fixed all my appliances by looking it up. Everyone who owns a newish appliance has it fail in under 2 years. Samdung is the worst of all
            Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            Thermal fuse SHOULD be in the control panel......as far as i know its in relatively the same general location on most dishwashers

https://youtu.be/L-bMqVb9kX0
            I was up until 2AM last night researching and watching videos. I guess this one is different than others. It’s nowhere to be found as far as obvious places go.

And yes, Samsung makes TVs and entertainment systems. Their appliances SUCK!! This dishwasher and a Samsung fridge were in this house when we bought it. I have hated both ever since we moved in.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Lol. I thought the thread was about your wife
              She has needed help the last several days. That hand washing is humbling

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Webb View Post
                Exactly what I was told by the local appliance repair place. They even refuse to work on Samsung appliances. Also said that LG is a close second on that list. The wife wanted this one because of how it looked.

I have a samsung dishwasher that is only 2 years old. My daughters get in a hurry and put stuff (ex. spatulas) that fall down and block the bottom water deflector. Apparently, it has a plastic gear on the motor that got stripped out. Was told that I might as well just buy another one.

Told my girls numerous times to PAY ATTENTION to what they were doing. They didn’t and now they’re gonna be hand washing the dishes until I decide to get another one. Needless to say, I’m not real popular at home right now. But they’ll eventually learn to do things the right way.

Comment

Anybody know what this part is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a transformer...got those in amplifiers...

Comment

I had a dishwasher that did the same thing (can't remember brand). I ordered a new motherboard and worked great...for two months and it went out again. Save yourself headaches and just buy a new one with a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                        I had a dishwasher that did the same thing (can't remember brand). I ordered a new motherboard and worked great...for two months and it went out again. Save yourself headaches and just buy a new one with a warranty.
                        That about where I’m at! I can get a new thermal fuse for $10-$15 if I can find where the thing is. Cheap enough to lose out on if it isn’t it. No motherboard replacement here. They’re $200 for this model.

Comment

I will never buy another Samsung product. I have a Samsung dishwasher on my porch you can have for parts come get it. Starts up but has error code 5 minutes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                            I will never buy another Samsung product. I have a Samsung dishwasher on my porch you can have for parts come get it. Starts up but has error code 5 minutes in.

I don’t know what I did, but I got it running again. Took it completely apart and put t back together and BAM! We’ll see how long that piece of crap lasts.

Comment

I got mine going but it would only run for 5 or 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X