Help with older night vision scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with older night vision scopes

Helping a friend sell some older night vision her late husband owned. But I can't seem to find much about them and what a fair price would be. Best I can figure is 1PN34 and PVS-2. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Paging Outdoor Legacy!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      "Paging Outdoor Legacy!"
      I'll send him a message. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter1 View Post
        I'll send him a message. Thank you
        No problem. Wasn't being a smarta**… He usually chimes in pretty quickly based on the similar threads I've seen in the past

Comment

Thanks to Pushbutton2 for the PM and heads up.

Ok, the biggest problem is, I don’t read Russian or Czech or whatever that language is.lol It definitely appears to a 1PN34 and from the looks of it, I’d guess it was from the early 80’s or so. It’s definitely going to be Gen 1 and it may or may not even work and at that age, the NV tube can’t be in very good condition.

I’ve seen a few newer and confirmed working units for sale for $400-$500 over the years but, I’ve never seen one actually sell for that. In my opinion, a scope like this one has more of a collector/conversation piece value than it does as a working optic. With high quality digital NV scopes like the Sightmark Wraith and Photons selling for $500 brand new, I just can’t imagine this unit having any real value as a useable optic, if it even works. I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I’d take anything someone offered for it because I just don’t know what someone could/would do with it. It’s sort of like finding a bag phone from 30 years ago....it’s a great conversation piece but there isn’t any real value.

Hope that helps. It is a pretty cool piece of history for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Thanks to Pushbutton2 for the PM and heads up.

Ok, the biggest problem is, I don’t read Russian or Czech or whatever that language is.lol It definitely appears to a 1PN34 and from the looks of it, I’d guess it was from the early 80’s or so. It’s definitely going to be Gen 1 and it may or may not even work and at that age, the NV tube can’t be in very good condition.

I’ve seen a few newer and confirmed working units for sale for $400-$500 over the years but, I’ve never seen one actually sell for that. In my opinion, a scope like this one has more of a collector/conversation piece value than it does as a working optic. With high quality digital NV scopes like the Sightmark Wraith and Photons selling for $500 brand new, I just can’t imagine this unit having any real value as a useable optic, if it even works. I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I’d take anything someone offered for it because I just don’t know what someone could/would do with it. It’s sort of like finding a bag phone from 30 years ago....it’s a great conversation piece but there isn’t any real value.

Hope that helps. It is a pretty cool piece of history for sure.
            Thank you for your response. Very much appreciated. I'm gonna fire them up tonight to see if they work. Looks like he converted the batteries to AA. I agree with you they are just cool pieces. Might just tell her to throw them on ebay and see where the bids fall. If I owned them I'd list them on here

Comment

Not positive but appears to be built for the dragunov side mount.
              Tyler

Comment

I don't mean to redirect this thread but where have I been? Outdoor Legacy has the knowledge on night vision. Just signed up to your YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
                  I don't mean to redirect this thread but where have I been? Outdoor Legacy has the knowledge on night vision. Just signed up to your YouTube channel.
                  Thank you very much! Be sure to check out my podcast called The Late Night Vision Show. It's on Youtube and any podcast app. I've got my own Outdoor Legacy Youtube channel as well but we put out shows every week for the podcast.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
                  X