Lets Talk Pre/Post Workout Nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Since the topic came up, I went ahead and did a little research myself. I had read the good and bad of both in the past but wanted to jog my memory. What I found, as you might expect, is some think one is better and some think another is better. Like Flex stated, beef works for him. Myself, I like cold filtered whey. To take it a step further, I use Natural Whey sourced from grass fed cows. I think when it comes to exercise, whether your body building or just trying to get in shape, confidence in everything you do is very important. That being said, whatever product or program your doing, buy into it, give it 100%, and you will no doubt see results.

Rosco, thank you for the recommendation. I need a good post workout drink.

► THE BODY TRANSFORMATION BLUEPRINTScience-based muscle building and fat loss system:http://www.BodyTransformationTruth.com► REALSCIENCE ATHLETICSNo B.S, pre...

http://www.prozis.com/blog/en/beef-p...rotein-better/
    When I worked with a human performance lab doing product testing we did a huge multi lab study on protein and absortion and found that once it enters the body protein is protein, casein, whey, beef, soy, etc. Are all broken down the same way to do the same thing.

All of the bro science about one or the other is bs to get people to think they need multiple kinds of protein.

Now individually some people do handle things better like I do with the beef. But I also think it has to do with the other ingredients in the protein. I don't like extra carbs, creatine, sugar, or any of that. Some people respond better with those added in.

Comment

Keep in mind 80-90% of the battle is exercise and proper nutrition!!!!

Supplements(that are legal) will only add a little bit and not make a huge deal.....in comparison to what clean eating will do to your body

Comment

I need some help with this too. I run 3-4 miles daily and strength train 2-3 times per week. I have lost some weight but am not getting the "ripped" effect that I would like. I don't want to add mass or lose too much weight, but would like to refine the muscle that I do have. I guess I don't eat right or something. Maybe it is just my genetic makeup. I do partake in AdvoCare, but I don't take any other protein shakes, pre or post workout, whey, creatine, or any of that. Maybe that is why I am not getting "ripped".

Can anyone help me out or lead me in the right direction as far as where to start? I am 6'3", 230 lbs and want to get to 225 lbs, but "ripped" or at least more definition. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
          I need some help with this too. I run 3-4 miles daily and strength train 2-3 times per week. I have lost some weight but am not getting the "ripped" effect that I would like. I don't want to add mass or lose too much weight, but would like to refine the muscle that I do have. I guess I don't eat right or something. Maybe it is just my genetic makeup. I do partake in AdvoCare, but I don't take any other protein shakes, pre or post workout, whey, creatine, or any of that. Maybe that is why I am not getting "ripped".

Can anyone help me out or lead me in the right direction as far as where to start? I am 6'3", 230 lbs and want to get to 225 lbs, but "ripped" or at least more definition. Thanks in advance.
          I am very similar and 6'4 235 at this point.

I would suggest adding another 1-2 days of strength training and knocking down to 2-3 days a week or running and add more sprint work instead of long distance.

I would also add some creatine monohydrate and a protein shake post workout for recovery along with 40-60 grams of carbs immediately post workout

Comment

You're not going to get ripped running 3-4 miles a day. That's murdering your body especially at your size. You need to focus on high intensity strength training for hypertrophy and diet if you want to be ripped. Have you ever seen distance or marathon runners that look good? They all develop that hunched shoulder, zero muscle tone look.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              You're not going to get ripped running 3-4 miles a day. That's murdering your body especially at your size. You need to focus on high intensity strength training for hypertrophy and diet if you want to be ripped. Have you ever seen distance or marathon runners that look good? They all develop that hunched shoulder, zero muscle tone look.
              Actually, I have seen marathoners that look pretty ripped. Now, they don't have the mass, but they do have the definition. I guess I should have added that I like to run, for some odd reason. I have set goals on total distance for this year and want to get there. I do agree that I need to strength train more and for a longer period of time.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

LOL!!!!

Kinda what I said but more blunt

Comment

The answer is right in front of your face!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	24425379

Comment

^^^

Weight training... Intense weight training, burns 100x more calories than steady state cardio. Cardio is important and should be done to keep recovery time down but prolonged cardio is burning muscle over fat as fuel

" ripped" is about exposing the muscle by removing fat and water. You can have the best abs in the world and minor diet and water manipulation keeping them from showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      ^^^

Weight training... Intense weight training, burns 100x more calories than steady state cardio. Cardio is important and should be done to keep recovery time down but prolonged cardio is burning muscle over fat as fuel

" ripped" is about exposing the muscle by removing fat and water. You can have the best abs in the world and minor diet and water manipulation keeping them from showing.
                      Yep yep. Especially for big guys. Extended steady state cardio destroys our muscle mass.

Comment

Can you post up what a typical day of nutrition is for you? What are your typical meals, snack, drinks, and a rough estimate of what you think your caloric intake is? Please be as specific as possible to include your macronutrients if you know them. Also, on the days you run and strength train does your diet change? PM me if you want.

Comment

Working...
                        X