X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow great plan !

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Beef protein? Been in the industry 15 years and never heard of drinking beef protein
      Carnivore is what I've been using for years. Several other companies have jumped on the bandwagon the last few years. I love it. My body handles it better. It doesn't bother my stomach like whey does sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        The few that I've tried tasted horrible as well.
        Most RTd are ****. Gotta get powder and mix yourself. Carnivore is one of the best tasting I have had.

Comment

Good info

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            I had to go back and look at for my post to find out that seven months ago I posted a question about post workout nutrition. At that time I was about three months into working out and was searching everywhere for information on nutrition. I'm coming up on one year since my journey began, and with the accountability threads, I thought I would share some of what I learned. I will also share what supplements I take as well. I know some of you don't believe in workout supplements, and that's fine. I feel like whatever an individual feels helps them make progress then it is a personal decision.

I'm just going to provide links to articles I feel give the best breakdown of the how when and where we should eat. I hope that some of you have input as well, but if we are going to hit the gym and spend our precious time and hard earned money we should at least have a general understanding of the following.
            Macronutrients: Protein, Fats, and Carbohydrates. We need to understand the different types, how much of each we need, and when to eat them. Attached is some info on Macros and a calculator to help you determine your daily needs.

Find your macronutrient ratio for flexible dieting and "if it fits your macros." Build a meal plan around your ideal ratio of proteins, carbs, and fats!

Glycemic index, which falls under the category of carbs, are important to understand no matter which diet you are trying. Myself, I try to eat only low G carbs with the exception of immediately following a workout. The attached article will explain more.

Have you ever eaten a meal, or slammed a carbohydrate drink before you trained, to find yourself feeling lethargic mid-way through your workout? Find out why here!

Post workout nutrition to me is the most important. When I got my post workout nutrition right, I saw greater progress with decrease soreness and increased recovery time.

Confused about post workout meal nutrition? Learn exactly what you should eat after a workout to build muscle or lose fat as best as possible.

Support you Testosterone Naturally. There has been a lot of talk on test here lately and all of us hitting the gym and eating right are doing the right things. Rest is also very important, as well as correct supplementation.

I have three Whey protein shakes a day. First one soon after brushing my teeth in the morning. Second, immediately following my workout. I workout and 1pm. In this one I also add Creatine and two tablespoons of honey. Third one, for my afternoon snack. It gets hard to have all the food and meals prepped that you need but I still eat or drink a shake five times a day. Six when I can. Whatever time of day you workout, the timing of the post workout shake is very important.

I drink C4 from GNC for pre workout energy and I add BCCA's to my during workout water.

I have a diet and workout plans if anyone is interested just PM me.

Hope some of you find this info helpful, and I hope some of you who know way more than me will find this thread and add to it.
            Core Power is the best after workout recovery shake. It's delicious, lactose free and shelf stable. Made with fresh milk and honey to sweeten it. Some flavors have honey and cane sugar. Lights have a little lower carbs but honestly if you're working out more than 45 minutes you need the carbs and calories to replenish the muscle fibers. I have used it everyday for the last 5 years through triathlon, marathon and weight training. It truly is awesome and your body absorbs 97% of the natural dairy protein you ingest. The only food that absorbs better is the egg.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Carnivore is what I've been using for years. Several other companies have jumped on the bandwagon the last few years. I love it. My body handles it better. It doesn't bother my stomach like whey does sometimes.
              Do you use the Carnivore beef protein that's in a liquid form already? I don't remember how many ounces of liquid were in the small bottle,but the grams of protein were near 50..It was rank amigo..Good for ya',but rank.
              The guys that'd been using it for 2 yrs held their nose to choke it down!

Comment

No. Powder. The chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, and the vanilla caramel are amazing.

Comment

Okay gotcha..This looked like a "5hr energy" drink size bottle..50 gr.Protein..Tasted like you bit your tongue in two!lol
                  I was given a six pack of em.Swear to god I'd rather swallow gas while siphoning!
                  I'll look up what you're talking about..Gracias!

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                    Okay gotcha..This looked like a "5hr energy" drink size bottle..50 gr.Protein..Tasted like you bit your tongue in two!lol
                    I was given a six pack of em.Swear to god I'd rather swallow gas while siphoning!
                    I'll look up what you're talking about..Gracias!
                    Yeah, I've seen but never even tried one of the rtd carnivores. Nobody around here has them.

Comment

I've got a few friends that are wayyy more serious about muscle gains than I am.They got 'em for 9me..My problem is I don't dig eating food..I don't do illegal stuff,and to be honest with you,a hard time just ingesting bcaa's..I wanna stay the same,and ripped
                      Check out Hardcore gym rats on f.b..J.Hart

Comment

Beef Protein V Whey Protein

Since the topic came up, I went ahead and did a little research myself. I had read the good and bad of both in the past but wanted to jog my memory. What I found, as you might expect, is some think one is better and some think another is better. Like Flex stated, beef works for him. Myself, I like cold filtered whey. To take it a step further, I use Natural Whey sourced from grass fed cows. I think when it comes to exercise, whether your body building or just trying to get in shape, confidence in everything you do is very important. That being said, whatever product or program your doing, buy into it, give it 100%, and you will no doubt see results.

Rosco, thank you for the recommendation. I need a good post workout drink.

► THE BODY TRANSFORMATION BLUEPRINTScience-based muscle building and fat loss system:http://www.BodyTransformationTruth.com► REALSCIENCE ATHLETICSNo B.S, pre...

Find new products at an unbeatable quality and price every day! Get everything you need for a more active and healthier lifestyle.
                        Last edited by Rack Ranch; 01-20-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

C4 was terrible for me. I felt it strong the first week or two. Gradually i kept increasing because I'd build a tolerance. I got up to about 4 scoops before I'd see any boost in performance. Along with all that caffeine came really high blood pressure. Around 150/95.

Went back to pre jym. It's pricey, but it always only takes me one scoop. Blood pressure is back down to 120/80 levels. No tolerance built to it.

Comment

So far the best results I've seen as far as gains/lean muscle have been with the cheapo six-star whey isolate directly after a workout. The remainder of my intake comes from whole foods like oatmeal, chicken, fish, beef, veggies, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta/bread, and rice. I may need to up the protein and cut back on carbs, but all in due time. 7 lbs of fat gone in two weeks is good enough for now.

Comment

Heck yeah! Unfortunately the sports nutrition industry has become very very shady. Most muscle pharm type companies demand 60-70% margins which means you're getting cheaply produced pills or powders or isolates and they do incredible marketing and sponsorship to let you understand that by using their product you will reap results like their models or their paid scientists. Realistically, it's hard to beat natural protein sources eggs, dairy, vegetable and meat sources in the right servings sizes. When you want protein on the go that's natural and no holding your nose needed, you'll be really impressed with Core Power

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                                So far the best results I've seen as far as gains/lean muscle have been with the cheapo six-star whey isolate directly after a workout. The remainder of my intake comes from whole foods like oatmeal, chicken, fish, beef, veggies, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta/bread, and rice. I may need to up the protein and cut back on carbs, but all in due time. 7 lbs of fat gone in two weeks is good enough for now.
                                I like the 6star pre-workout, its cheap but works, or seems to anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X